EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

763 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-16 15:45:48 - last edited 2023-08-16 16:01:39

TechThomas wrote

Hi @jhjm40 

I have bad news for you, me and everyone who is waiting for the update. They removed this router from planned devices on their official website easy mesh compatible devices. So I hope they release the update in the future, but I think it won't be anytime soon. sad

@TechThomas 

I am not sure if anyone has noticed, but as of now the devices already supporting EasyMesh are all based on chipsets from Qualcomm, Mediatek and Realtek, while not a single Broadcom-based device has received EasyMesh support yet. 

This is pure speculation on my part, but I think it's possible that TP-Link is actually waiting as eagerly as we are to receive chipset drivers with EasyMesh support from Broadcom (or at least a deadline for it).

[Edit] Correction: The Archer AX10 V1 uses Broadcom chips and aparenty does already support EasyMesh. So, I don't know what's up with the other routers like the AX73.

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8 - SSID Hide Bug Report
2023-08-16 16:32:40

@woozle

Yes, version 1.13.1 Build 230609 , Published on Date: 2023-08-14 

Is there an estimate when will you fix this bug, & release a version ? (as it makes it not useful & a problem to use the EasyMesh configuration)

It is also misleading the user / configurator to think he/she is safe - while the Satellite Router is actualy transmitting the SSID although the GUI is selected as "Hide"

Does it work / or get fixed on your new IoT wireless network ?  (as there is also a Hide SSID there, & does it support EasyMesh - so that the Satellite Router distributes this IoT Network with hidden SSID (if the selection box is set))

Is there a link for full release notes for version 1.13.1 ?

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-17 02:26:08

jhjm40 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

When will ax73 be updated 

@jhjm40  @TechThomas   @Atsukio 

Hello all, thank you very much for bringing this up to our attention since I didn't notice AX73 was removed from the EasyMesh Product List (or does it ever appear in the list?). 

I have checked with the related department and was informed that Archer AX73 will support EasyMesh as planned, but the estimated time is unsure at the moment. I will make sure to notify you when there is new firmware that supports EasyMesh. It's also suggested to keep an eye on the router web GUI for any future updates.

BTW, I will ask the website admins to review the models that support EasyMesh and update them accordingly.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-17 02:42:51

woozle wrote

TechThomas wrote

Hi @jhjm40 

I have bad news for you, me and everyone who is waiting for the update. They removed this router from planned devices on their official website easy mesh compatible devices. So I hope they release the update in the future, but I think it won't be anytime soon. sad

@TechThomas 

I am not sure if anyone has noticed, but as of now the devices already supporting EasyMesh are all based on chipsets from Qualcomm, Mediatek and Realtek, while not a single Broadcom-based device has received EasyMesh support yet. 

This is pure speculation on my part, but I think it's possible that TP-Link is actually waiting as eagerly as we are to receive chipset drivers with EasyMesh support from Broadcom (or at least a deadline for it).

[Edit] Correction: The Archer AX10 V1 uses Broadcom chips and aparenty does already support EasyMesh. So, I don't know what's up with the other routers like the AX73.

Thank you @woozle for your contributive input here as you always do.

I discussed with the related department and was informed that AX73, AXE300, and AXE95 would all receive EasyMesh in the near future, and they will be added to the EasyMesh product list soon.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-17 19:09:24

@Kevin_Z 

I see the EasyMesh compatibility list has been updated and many more devices support it now, but none of them seem to support Ethernet backhaul except for the ones listed on this community post. Will the devices like the Archer AX23 support ethernet backhaul in the future, when can that be expected, maybe by the end this year or later?

Best regards

Options
2023-08-17 20:45:27

Hi  @Sanibelt 

I think TP-Link is planning to support Ethernet backhaul in every easy mesh compatible device. But I guess nobody here can tell you the date. I think it will be available in the near future.

Options
2023-08-18 02:42:17

@Sanibelt 

@TechThomas could be right. Sorry that I cannot give you a specific timeline here since I'm not involved in the product team. Most importantly, there are always new and unexpected projects jumping in the queue, which will cause some of the existing plans delay.

Honestly, it's a good sign that AX23 does add support for EasyMesh and a lot of new features in this new official update, and I agree with TechThomas once again that the EasyMesh devices would be expected to receive new updates to support Ethernet Backhaul in the near future. Please be patient.laugh

Options
2023-08-22 09:26:01

Just added an Archer C86 to my ISP provided Archer C6. I updated both to latest version available through the Tether App.
Went into the C6 as it is the main router, selected EasyMesh and followed the instructions to add the C86 as a satelite.
NOTE: It is important that the satelite is NOT connected via Ethernet when adding it as a satelite. After adding it, you can plug it in.
I did speed tests before and after in different spots.
The Ethernet Backhaul feature worked almost immediately, even though it didn't show it in the Tether app, the speeds through the Satelite were as hoped for.
An hour or so later, the Tether app showed that it was connected by wire.
It was easier than expected. Cheers to the devs.

Options
2023-08-22 09:28:01

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin, 

Archer AX6000 was on the list as planned since months however, last week the list has changed and it got removed from the list. Do you have any information regarding to this?

I purchased C80 and two more RE550 to create an ethernet backhaul powered mesh network after I saw my router in the list, but now I feel like it won't happen at all.

Cheers!

Options
2023-08-22 13:46:02

Hi  @Kevin_Z 

The AX73 in your post means v2 only?
Or are there plans to support Easymesh function for AX73 v1 in the future?
Options