EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

866 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-22 17:29:21

@Arucad 

Arucad wrote

Just added an Archer C86 to my ISP provided Archer C6. I updated both to latest version available through the Tether App.
Went into the C6 as it is the main router, selected EasyMesh and followed the instructions to add the C86 as a satelite.
NOTE: It is important that the satelite is NOT connected via Ethernet when adding it as a satelite. After adding it, you can plug it in.
I did speed tests before and after in different spots.
The Ethernet Backhaul feature worked almost immediately, even though it didn't show it in the Tether app, the speeds through the Satelite were as hoped for.
An hour or so later, the Tether app showed that it was connected by wire.
It was easier than expected. Cheers to the devs.

Followed the steps you've provided. But I notice something, when my satellite device is connected via ethernet, seems the connection is looping back to my main router. I ran test on it and seems the speed was throttled, ping is higher than the usual.

Main Router: AX72

Satellite Device: RE705X

Both updated to the latest version.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-22 17:58:19

@Lilcris,

Good to hear that it is working.

I didn't had the satellite backhaul issue but it can certainly help others 👍

@Kevinz, maybe a hint for the manual team 

Regards,

Thom

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-08-22 18:01:51

hi @Macrox,

AP mode is obsolete when building a Mesh network imho 😁

Possibly a TP staff member can answer this question for us.

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-08-22 18:50:43 - last edited 2023-08-22 18:52:31

Lilcris wrote

@Arucad 

Followed the steps you've provided. But I notice something, when my satellite device is connected via ethernet, seems the connection is looping back to my main router. I ran test on it and seems the speed was throttled, ping is higher than the usual.

Main Router: AX72

Satellite Device: RE705X

Both updated to the latest version.

@Lilcris 

I am quite certain that for EasyMesh via Ethernet backhaul to work properly both, the main router and the satellite device have to specifically support it.

Just out of interest I tested this with a combination of Archer C64 as the main router (officially supports Ethernet backhaul) and a RE305 as EasyMesh satellite device (no official backhaul support) and after plugging in the Ethernet cable the whole network became somewhat sluggish and the webGUI of the Archer C64 showed the RE305 alternatingly as connected via wireless with one IP address or connected via cable with the IP address 192.168.0.254. In other words, it did not work.

Options
2023-08-22 19:10:50

@woozle,

This device has a updated firmware dated 2023 8 14 that does support Easymesh 😁

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-08-22 19:32:27

@Thom_NL 

Yes, but not EasyMesh via Ethernet backhaul. And the same applies to the RE705X that Lilcris tested.

Options
2023-08-23 02:03:47

@Kevin_Z 

Do we have straight forward steps to setup ethernet backhaul? 

Devices:

AX72 (Main Router) - Updated to latest version

2x RE705X (Satellite Device) - Updated to the latest version

I have checked the compatibility and availability of easymesh on both devices before purchasing it and all devices support easymesh.

I tried following the guide on the Tether App on how to add easymesh satellite device and connect ethernet cable. It works but somehow the entire connection is sluggish, even accessing the dashboard. I also noticed that my main router is connected to itself, seems the connection from router to satellite is looping back.

Could be a bug on the firmware or known issue?

Options
2023-08-23 03:02:26

@Lilcris 

Hi, the range extender RE705X doesn't support Ethernet Backhaul, so if the EasyMesh network has been established via WiFi backhaul, please disconnect the Ethernet cable between the router and extenders, or there will be a network loop and cause issues.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-23 04:28:52

@Sunshine 

Is there a plan to support RE705X ethernet backhaul?

So the only way as of now to maximize the connection speed is to wire the RE705X using AP mode?

Options
2023-08-23 07:09:59

IamCenk wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin, 

Archer AX6000 was on the list as planned since months however, last week the list has changed and it got removed from the list. Do you have any information regarding to this?

I purchased C80 and two more RE550 to create an ethernet backhaul powered mesh network after I saw my router in the list, but now I feel like it won't happen at all.

Cheers!

@IamCenk  As previously confirmed with the product team, AX6000 could be also included in the EasyMesh planned list. I will check with the website admins to see if they missed AX6000 when updating the list.

Please check the EasyMesh product list later. Thank you.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options