EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

770 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-09-20 01:10:25 - last edited 2023-09-20 02:25:55

@woozle 

thanks for the suggestions anyway. 

hoping tplink support sees this soon. 

@Kevin_Z  @Sunshine 

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-09-20 06:58:34

@gxty 

Upon checking, your firmware version 1.11.5 Build 220627 on C80 V2.2 is a custom firmware for SG, specially designed to comply with local regulations in Singapore. It is not compatible with EU or US version firmware installations.

At this moment, the SG version firmware doesn't support EasyMesh yet, It is recommended to pay attention to any new SG version firmware release on the router Web GUI or Tether App.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-20 07:24:11 - last edited 2023-09-20 07:50:10

@Sunshine 

thanks for the prompt reply. It's a pity that the local firmware doesn't support the latest updates. 

Strangely my other C80 version 1.0 has the easymesh feature (pic above). Can you help to check if the easymesh feature on this firmware (1.13.2) is as expected? Asking so that I know that if I go out to get another C80 version 1.0, i would then be able to update it to this version and it would also have easymesh. 

Thanks

-G

Options
2023-09-20 10:01:44

@gxty 

I believe that is the most up to date firmware version for the C80 V1 (US) If you get another V1 then you should be able to also update to this firmware and have easymesh network.

Kevin

Options
2023-09-20 10:18:02

zexoni70 wrote

@woozle 

Thanks for the detailed explanation, everything works as it should and the icon shows whether the satellite device is connected via a LAN cable or wirelessly.

@Kevin_Z

It only bothered me because somewhere in the explanation (tutorial) I saw that it was possible to change the access method and to choose the backhaul method instead of wireless, that remained unclear to me.

I still have doubts about my first question and how to access the satellite device via the browser if, for example, a new firmware appears and I want to update it, because now it is not possible to access the satellite devices... does this mean that the satellite devices must first are deleted from the EasyMesh network so that they are updated to the new firmware, and only after that they add to the EasyMesh network again?

Also a problem because the guest network does not exist on any of the satellite devices and is not displayed even if it is enabled on the main router AX73!? frown

Thanks!

@woozle thank you so much for your detailed explanation with regard to EasyMesh backhaul. Great job, and a lot of thanks to you. I'm impressed and I appreciate all of your continuous input to our community. I hope you can always be such enthusiastic as always you are and I hope you can also benefit from the community and our fellow community members. 

@zexoni70 I'm happy to see EasyMesh works fine in your network and thank you very much for your valued feedback.

Regarding EasyMesh Backhaul, I see woozle has provided a very detailed and specific explanation of how the backhaul works between mesh nodes. woozle is very knowledgeable and knows much about our TP-Link devices. He can explain some of the device's work mechanisms better than me and he is absolutely right about how EasyMesh backhaul works.

When the C80 works as a satellite device, you'll no longer be able to login to its web management page or modify any settings. This will be optimized in the future.

Regarding the Guest Network, the satellite node will not extend the Guest Network or IoT Network from the main. It only extends the main network. This could be also optimized in the future.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-20 12:22:25

Having 2 BE900's and waiting for ethernet backhaul is like watching paint dry. You would think that they would push the newer models out with backhaul already baked in. /sigh

Options
2023-09-20 12:29:25

@Tcv21 

I've been waiting for TP Link to make a router to router Mesh system since the day I created this account, which is also the reason I even created this account. After finally over a year they release it but only for a few select routers and most of them don't even support Ethernet Backhaul. Not sure why it's taking almost 2 years at this point, are only 3 developers total working on this? At this rate I think we might see GTA VI release before they can fully implement this. 

Options
2023-09-21 10:30:32

@Kevin_Z 

Will we have firmware for the AX53? I have 2 AX53 and 1 C80 but I can't do easymesh using ethernet backhaul. Routers keep restarting all the time. The easymesh network only works without a cable.

Options
2023-09-21 10:30:40

@gxty 

Hi, as @klipse mentioned, your firmware on C80 V1 is the most up to date firmware version for the C80 V1 (US) instead of SG version, and it does support EasyMesh.

Besides, I just got a beta firmware for C80 V2.2 SG version today that added EasyMesh, and I'll send it to you via private message, please try updating the beta firmware and check if you will get the EasyMesh working on your C80 V2.2.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-21 11:00:16

Sunshine wrote

@gxty 

Hi, as @klipse mentioned, your firmware on C80 V1 is the most up to date firmware version for the C80 V1 (US) instead of SG version, and it does support EasyMesh.

Besides, I just got a beta firmware for C80 V2.2 SG version today that added EasyMesh, and I'll send it to you via private message, please try updating the beta firmware and check if you will get the EasyMesh working on your C80 V2.2.

@Sunshine 

thank you! I will try it out when I  and let you know. 

Options