EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

866 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-07-17 15:58:13

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the reply! I connected my AX55 Pro (Satellite) via the 1Gb port, and I connected via ethernet backhaul! But, when connected via 2.5Gb, it only connects via Wifi..... I checked different cables... It doesn't work.

When connecting through the 1Gb port (ethernet bachaul), the 2,5 port doesn't work at all. I can't see any devices connected to it.

Can you comment on that?

Quote: "After EasyMesh is built, all the ports on the satellite router (WAN, LAN, WAN/LAN) are available for Ethernet backhaul." 

Will the 2.5Gb port on this router be activated in satellite mode in the future? Or have I done something wrong? 

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-07-17 06:53:44

Fabien31 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Good morning,

I don't see the AX58 V1 router in your table, you only mention the A58 V2.

Will version V1 ever be supported?

@Fabien31 Thanks for asking and welcome to the community.

Apologies that we haven't received advance notice on whether the AX58 V1 will support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul.sadWe can only provide a definite answer once a model receives beta or official version of firmware to support it. We will update this thread and add more supported models to the list as they become available.

Fabien31 wrote

Because I have an AX58V1 as a main router and an AX53V1 as a secondary router (with version 1.2.4 which supports Backhaul)

Should I invert by putting the AX53 as main and the AX58 as secondary?

To this question, the answer is no. Only when both the AX53 and AX58 support Ethernet Backhaul, you can connect them via an Ethernet cable to build up a mesh network.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-07-17 06:41:59

kostyax wrote

@Kevin_Z I have two AX55 Pro(EU) V1 routers. I have updated the firmware to 1.3.1 Build 20240426 (Pre-released version). I reset the second router, did everything according to the instructions for EasyMesh connection.
The Ethernet (backhaul) connection does not work. The two routers connected via wifi (the icon says so and the speed).

@kostyax Can you please reset the satellite AX55 Pro once again and follow this guide to add it to the mesh system via an Ethernet cable directly?

Please make sure the cable is good.

Once connecting them via an Ethernet cable directly, please login to the web management page again to check what is the status of EasyMesh, will it show an Ethernet connection or Wi-Fi?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-07-17 06:27:05

@Kevin_Z 

Good morning,

I don't see the AX58 V1 router in your table, you only mention the A58 V2.

Will version V1 ever be supported?

Because I have an AX58V1 as a main router and an AX53V1 as a secondary router (with version 1.2.4 which supports Backhaul)

Should I invert by putting the AX53 as main and the AX58 as secondary?

Thanks

Options
2024-07-17 05:49:22

Lovage wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, there is any chanes to support ax12 ny blackhaul?

Last update of this devives was in 10.2023

@Lovage Thank you for asking.

I will check with the development team to see if they can provide a beta version or a pre-released version for AX12 to support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul.

I will update here once there is one.

Options
2024-07-17 04:22:56

@Kevin_Z I have two AX55 Pro(EU) V1 routers. I have updated the firmware to 1.3.1 Build 20240426 (Pre-released version). I reset the second router, did everything according to the instructions for EasyMesh connection.
The Ethernet (backhaul) connection does not work. The two routers connected via wifi (the icon says so and the speed).

Options
2024-07-17 03:42:37

Ong1981 wrote

@Kevin_Z  after BE805 upgrade to new firmware, I connect 2 backhoe to be550. All the WiFi is totally no stable... please fix it.. 

@Ong1981 Sorry that I missed your reply here. It's suggested to open a new thread and provide more details about the issue you're experiencing when using EashMesh. Thank you.

Options
2024-07-17 01:50:02

@stuko  @inieto  @DiakonCZ  @Yazza007 

Hello all, sorry for keeping you waiting for so long for the new official firmware of the Archer AX55 Pro EU version.

I've updated the original post below with a pre-released version, please download and install it on your device to enable and enjoy the EasyMesh via Ethernet:

Options
2024-07-16 19:07:51

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, there is any chanes to support ax12 ny blackhaul?

Last update of this devives was in 10.2023

Options
2024-07-15 08:30:02

MichaelP_AU wrote

May I ask how the table is sorted?  I have 2 TP-Link routers and I've been watching this list for a while now for the AX55 Pro (v1) and the AX55.  I can't tell whether the latest entries are added at the top, or in some arbitrary sequence.  
It's not an important question, but would help me to spot when or if my routers' firmware gets updated without having to scan the entire list.
Thank you.

@MichaelP_AU Very good question.yes

I potentially add those newly supported Ethernet Backhaul models on the top, but it may not be 100% the same way.

I will add another column to show the updated date, do you think that would be helpful?

Options