EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

817 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-02-15 18:34:59 - last edited 2024-02-15 18:59:21

@woozle 

Thanks for taking the time to answer. It runs at 100 mbps on both the WAN port and LAN port  #1 of the EX220 (will try LAN ports #2,3 and 4 too since I have no other ideas). Since EX220 is in mesh mode you can't configure anything on it anymore(below the UI of EX220).

ex220-mesh-mode

@ChrisBS

The cable is about 10 meters long. I don't have any other cable to test with as all cables are within the walls freshly installed ~3 months ago. I want to emphasize again the fact that when the cable was plugged to my PC instead of the EX220, the speed was 1000 mbps. Below pic is when connecting the cable from AX23 to PC instead of the EX220.

Cable to PC

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-02-15 19:16:07 - last edited 2024-02-15 19:17:18

@Frost90 

Also try other LAN ports on the AX23.

Since the WAN port and the multiple LAN ports of routers are controlled by different chips, like I mentioned earlier, but the behavior of running at only 100 Mbps is the same for all, I think we can rule out compatibility issues.

And it is also unlikely that multiple WAN and LAN Ethernet ports are broken.

Is the 10 meter cable that runs through the walls like a regular Ethernet cable with molded connectors and both ends just hanging out of the walls or are there sockets installed in the walls that are internally connected with bulk cable that needed to be attached to the socket by using a special crimping tool? In case its the latter then there could be a possibility that the person who installed it did something incorrectly, but the network card of your computer is somehow able to deal with that.

If you have no surplus Ethernet cable for testing, then I suggest you "borrow" the Ethernet cable that currently connects the AX23 to whatever modem or terminal adapter you have and use that for testing the Ethernet backhaul speed between the routers.

Options
2024-02-15 21:54:57

@taemo Any idea why people cant connect to  guest wifi?

taemo wrote

@MilosJa

Havent seen any announcement regarding this nor their EasyMesh FAQ .

But like I said, just plug in your EasyMesh Main Router and Satellite Routers behind your Mikrotik Router, use the LAN ports only.

Main difference between Main Router and AP mode are the extra services running in Router Mode such as NAT, and Firewall but those won't do anything if you don't have WAN plugged.
Disable DHCP because I assume you are using your Mikrotik as your DHCP, and assign a different LAN IP on your EasyMesh that doesn't conflict with Mikrotik.

Options
2024-02-16 14:42:19

@MilosJa not sure, might be a separate issue as I just turned on the guest wifi on mine and my test phone connected no problem, it was getting an IP address from my DHCP server and able to access the internet.

Options
2024-02-16 19:47:44

Hi to all.

I have BE800 with same SSID for 2,4, 5 and 6GHz as main easymesh router and two BE550 as satellites and have to say Im very disappointed how is easymesh implemented. Satellites working properly only on 2,4 and 5GHz. On 6GHz satellites using own SSID "mySSID"_6GEXT. Just why? I cant use full power of WiFi7 routers... I dont want and need extra SSID for 6GHz. MLO doesnt work properly at all. BE800 randomly restarts itself when I have MLO and WMM configured. I have new BE800 and same behave was on BE550 as main router. FWs are so poorly tested.... I dont know what to say. Im using TP-Link routers for years... I have AXE75 but this is another chapter...

Ondrej

Options
2024-02-16 23:14:01

taemo wrote

@MilosJa not sure, might be a separate issue as I just turned on the guest wifi on mine and my test phone connected no problem, it was getting an IP address from my DHCP server and able to access the internet.

@taemo 

the guest even can't connect to wifi if DHCP server is turned off on the router.

strange...

Options
2024-02-17 05:51:31 - last edited 2024-02-17 07:21:12

@Kevin_Z I was able to install the beta firmware on my two Archer AX53V1 works fine for me with Ethernet backhaul now.

Thank you!

Pair of Archer AX53V1 with Ethernet Backhaul Pair of Archer AX53 with ethernet backhaul

Options
2024-02-17 08:35:19

@Manuel6  Its there in the list of devices supported, the #1 post

Options
2024-02-17 09:01:02 - last edited 2024-02-17 09:01:23

@abytecoder Hi, yes, I had deleted the question, I realized about it right after I sent it.

I was looking below, expected it beside AX53 V2.

Thank you!

Options
2024-02-17 11:30:17

@Kevin_Z After using it on AX 53 V1 for some time, I have noticed the following issues.

• For some reason, the ethernet backhaul is disconnected and it is doing a wireless backhaul, I changed the ports from WAN to LAN, but this did not change anything.
  • When I was roaming around with my mobile, it did not switch seamlessly and there was a disconnection for a few seconds which broke the call, I did a speed test while moving around this also broke the connection for a few seconds.

I am hoping this is a bug, and will be fixed in the coming updates.

Thanks

Options