EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

817 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-05-31 19:45:21

Hi,

I already had a AX73 (V1) (next to an RE700X but ok)

Now I wanted to upgrade my network by adding another AX73 through ethernet backhaul Easymesh

On my initial AX73 I have the 'easymesh' option in the advanced menu (jeej!)

On my new AX73 V2 I do not. First I thought it was the firmware (made sense), I updated it to the latest 1.0.2 version but as you can see it still only shows 'Onemesh' as an option.
What more can I do to add it? Was it removed from the latest firmware version? I tried rebooting as well already & logging in several times to the web management page.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-05-31 19:53:08

Koen-P wrote

Hi,

I already had a AX73 (V1) (next to an RE700X but ok)

Now I wanted to upgrade my network by adding another AX73 through ethernet backhaul Easymesh

On my initial AX73 I have the 'easymesh' option in the advanced menu (jeej!)

On my new AX73 V2 I do not. First I thought it was the firmware (made sense), I updated it to the latest 1.0.2 version but as you can see it still only shows 'Onemesh' as an option.
What more can I do to add it? Was it removed from the latest firmware version? I tried rebooting as well already & logging in several times to the web management page.

@Koen-P 

Hi,

As per page 1 of this thread the AX73 V2 needs at least firmware version "1.0.11 Build 20230829" to support EasyMesh Ethernet backhaul.

Options
2024-05-31 20:15:48
Hi, Nevermind.. I downloaded the 1.1.0 build, but apparently it did not properly upgrade the firmware.. I'll retry to upload the file to the router. Apologies for the stupid remark.
Options
2024-06-06 16:50:26 - last edited 2024-06-06 16:51:10

@Kevin_Z I have an Archer AX3000 pro as my main router and an Archer AX3000 as my satellite. According to this list from tp-link the routers support "wired backhaul" via EasyMesh, however, I'm having trouble configuring the satellite with Ethernet backhaul - I can only get it to work wirelessly.  Is Ethernet Backhaul supported on Archer AX3000 routers?

Options
2024-06-06 17:57:02

@Robin_C 

Hi,

Thanks for posting the link. I hadn't noticed before that TP-Link have now added filters for the type of "Backhaul Connection" to their EasyMesh product list. This could be very helpful, provided the list is actually accurate.

As for your routers, you might have noticed that the list specifically says "Archer AX3000 V2", so make sure yours is indeed a V2.

By the way, do both of your routers contain a menu named "EasyMesh" within the "Advanced" settings tab?
In case the menu was named "OneMesh", then there would be no wired backhaul for sure.

Options
2024-06-06 18:39:22

@Kevin_Z 

Waiting for AX12. smiley

Options
2024-06-06 19:02:13

@woozle Thanks for the response.  Here is all the relevant info:

Main Router:

Satellite:  This is the AX3000 V2 according to the firmware version

So the Pro has an EasyMesh menu in the Advanced tab.  I'll have to configure the V2 to check if it has the same menu.

Options
2024-06-06 19:29:05

@Robin_C 

Firmware version 1.1.2 for the Archer AX3000 V2 definitely supports EasyMesh (at least wirelessly). Otherwise you wouldn't have been able to add it as a "Satellite" device.

However, this firmware has a build date of 2023-02-21, which is about four months before any other of TP-Link's "AX" router models got a firmware that supports Ethernet backhaul.

@Kevin_Z should be able to confirm with certainty, but given the build date I have my doubts that this firmware verison already supports Ethernet backhaul.

Options
3 weeks ago

woozle wrote

@Robin_C 

Firmware version 1.1.2 for the Archer AX3000 V2 definitely supports EasyMesh (at least wirelessly). Otherwise you wouldn't have been able to add it as a "Satellite" device.

However, this firmware has a build date of 2023-02-21, which is about four months before any other of TP-Link's "AX" router models got a firmware that supports Ethernet backhaul.

@Kevin_Z should be able to confirm with certainty, but given the build date I have my doubts that this firmware verison already supports Ethernet backhaul.

@woozle Thank you very much for tagging me to confirm this. I'm happy to check that later because I currently cannot find the unit to check its specs.

@Robin_C The EasyMesh product list appears to indicate that Ethernet backhaul is also supported by the Archer AX3000 v2. I will need some time to investigate that, though, as it is not mentioned in the firmware release note. Upon waiting, could you kindly verify if you can make it function via Ethernet by referring to this guide once again to check if you can make it work via Ethernet?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Robin_C The EasyMesh product list appears to indicate that Ethernet backhaul is also supported by the Archer AX3000 v2. I will need some time to investigate that, though, as it is not mentioned in the firmware release note. Upon waiting, could you kindly verify if you can make it function via Ethernet by referring to this guide once again to check if you can make it work via Ethernet?

@Kevin_Z  Thanks for the response and looking into this.  Unfortunately I could still only make the AX3000 v2 function wirelessly via EasyMesh, and I followed the guide very carefully.  I went ahead and ordered the AX1500 to replace the v2, hoping backhaul is supported on the AX3000 pro given its last firmware release was March 2024.  I'll try this combo on Sunday June 9.

Options