EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

817 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-07-05 10:20:38

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin and the Tp-Link User Community, a new Tp-Link user here. Just bought 2x Archer C80's for my apartment primarily based on it supporting EasyMesh with Wired Backhaul over Ethernet.

I have a couple of doubts regarding the same. Until now, I have been using an Asus RT-AC86U which has served me well. I have placed it centrally in my house but I do get some dead spots at either end of my house mainly on the 5ghz band and cut down speed on the 2.4ghz band on my 150mbps Fiber connection.

To solve this dead spot issue and to make sure all my main devices prioritize and use the 5ghz band is the reason for buying a couple of C80's.

Now my house is peculiarly long, as its length is more than 3.5 times the avg width, and I will be mounting the C80's at approx. 1/3rd and 2/3rd length on the ceiling to make sure the entire house is properly covered with the 5ghz band. And most importantly, I will be running a Cat-6 Ethernet between the two routers as well. 

My question is, my C80 closer to where I get the Fiber will be set-up as a router, but what would be the recommended set-up for the 2nd C80.? Should I set it up as an Access Point or a EasyMesh Satellite Router.? I tried searching for the same online and most people having a similar Mesh vs AP problem were recommended to setup the 2nd Unit as an AP.

Could somebody here please guide me on what the optimal solution would be for such a scenario.?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. smiley 

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-07-05 13:55:26

hi @amey2606,

Choose the Easymesh option with ethernet backhaul.

Main C80 will be router, the second one as satellite 

No worry about the config, if the main is set correct it works as a gem.

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-07-06 05:55:15

Thom_NL wrote

hi @RoodRood,

Do you installed the Easymesh software on the AX53?

For the AX73 i'm not sure what the firmware / mesh should / could be. @Kevin_Z   Any idea ??

Regards,

Thom

@Thom_NL AX73 has not yet got a new firmware that adds support for EasyMesh, so it is using Onemesh at the moment.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-06 06:02:25

amey2606 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin and the Tp-Link User Community, a new Tp-Link user here. Just bought 2x Archer C80's for my apartment primarily based on it supporting EasyMesh with Wired Backhaul over Ethernet.

I have a couple of doubts regarding the same. Until now, I have been using an Asus RT-AC86U which has served me well. I have placed it centrally in my house but I do get some dead spots at either end of my house mainly on the 5ghz band and cut down speed on the 2.4ghz band on my 150mbps Fiber connection.

To solve this dead spot issue and to make sure all my main devices prioritize and use the 5ghz band is the reason for buying a couple of C80's.

Now my house is peculiarly long, as its length is more than 3.5 times the avg width, and I will be mounting the C80's at approx. 1/3rd and 2/3rd length on the ceiling to make sure the entire house is properly covered with the 5ghz band. And most importantly, I will be running a Cat-6 Ethernet between the two routers as well. 

My question is, my C80 closer to where I get the Fiber will be set-up as a router, but what would be the recommended set-up for the 2nd C80.? Should I set it up as an Access Point or a EasyMesh Satellite Router.? I tried searching for the same online and most people having a similar Mesh vs AP problem were recommended to setup the 2nd Unit as an AP.

Could somebody here please guide me on what the optimal solution would be for such a scenario.?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. smiley 

@amey2606 I agree with Thom_NL. It's suggested to configure EasyMesh with Ethernet Backhaul to get a stable and seamless wireless connection all around the house.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-06 07:24:26

@Thom_NL @Kevin_Z Thank you for your replies.
I will try the EasyMesh system while setting up my Routers. The only reason I had doubts about EasyMesh was that even if I were to use Ethernet Wired Backhaul, would the Routers still use the Wireless Backhaul and thereby use up the wireless bandwidth or not.? This does not happen on the AccessPoint mode hence the doubt. Also like most users here mentioned, the satellite router would no longer be directly accessible and also the Guest Network would not extend to the Satellite Router being some of the issues for my apprehension on using EasyMesh. 

Thank you. smiley

Options
2023-07-06 10:23:01

Hello,

I have a router Archer C6 V2. I ordered today Archer AX53. Will it be possible to combine these 2 routers in EasyMesh or maybe change the C6 to something newer?

Options
2023-07-06 13:11:02 - last edited 2023-07-06 13:49:00

@Kevin_Z 

I tried it here: Main Router Ax73 OneMesh V1.0.4 Build 20220614 rel.56482(5553), Second Router C80, V1.12.... (the last one), there are two extensors.

After a few attempts the process was: 

1. I changed the AX73 security to WPA2, disabled the night led cfg and enabled the WPS. I did not restored this router
  2. I restored the C80 to the factory defaults
  3. With the Ax73 connected to C80 WAN port, I activated the WPS on AX73 (Using browser - http interface), the light on router started to blink.
  4. On C80 I pressed the WPS button, the led started to blink then after a few seconds it stopped remaining on both routers for about 2 or 3 minutes.
  5. Nothing happened till now.
  6. I removed the cable and voilá, the C80 get connected to the network:

Now it seems that the C80 is working like an extensor. *Its not working with the cable plugged neither on Ethernet nor WAN ports.

It's not available through Tether app nor web interface: 

Its working, not as expected but as somebody said in the thread, I can live with that till the easymesh with the ethernet backhaul support be released to Ax73 .

Other things that I tried without success

• Define the C80 as attached router (not sure attached is the right word) on Easymesh menu, after and before factory reset. The router after a minute returned to the quick setup menu.( I just tried with cable plugged in the Wan Port, maybe it works unplugging the cable.
  • Do the procedure (wps on both routers) without restore de factory firmware on C80, with ethernet cable connected.

I hope it helps 

Options
2023-07-06 14:19:22

Hi  @Kamiluu 

It should work, but just in case you will use C6 v2 as a main router and ax53 as a satellite router. So the performance might not be very good. Try it, maybe it would be enough for you.

Options
2023-07-06 22:23:59

@Kevin_Z how about for archrer ax-73? I looking forward to release new firmware.

Options
2023-07-07 09:14:46

Kamiluu wrote

Hello,

I have a router Archer C6 V2. I ordered today Archer AX53. Will it be possible to combine these 2 routers in EasyMesh or maybe change the C6 to something newer?

@Kamiluu 

As suggested by TechThomas, just try it.

Make sure the Archer C6 V2 is working as the main router, reset the AX53 to factory mode, then press WPS buttons on both to get them connected.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options