EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

733 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-10-27 20:03:30

@Kevin_Z

Kevin_Z wrote

@Czmazel 

The list would be regularly updated when there are more models support Ethernet Backhaul via firmware update.

You see it right. Both AX73 V1 and V2 support it now.laugh

What about AX73 V1 (US version)?

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-10-27 23:22:11

RoodRood wrote

@Kevin_Z

Kevin_Z wrote

@Czmazel 

The list would be regularly updated when there are more models support Ethernet Backhaul via firmware update.

You see it right. Both AX73 V1 and V2 support it now.laugh

What about AX73 V1 (US version)?

@RoodRood I did reach out to the TP-Link technical team via email, they mentioned it would be about 2 weeks of testing before it's released, which has been 1 week since, so i'm hoping within the next week.

Options
2023-10-28 18:01:02

@Kevin_Z 

Any news on AX55 supporting ethernet backhaul? :')

Options
2023-10-28 18:21:39

@Kevin_Z 

is the archer C6U same as C6?

because right now I'm trying to setup an easy mesh network with my archer C6U and an archer C64, and it's not working at all, the router doesn't see the satellite device 99% of the time.

sometimes when it detects it, and I can click on the "add" button, but then I have an error message saying "connection failed"

is it a firmware bug ?

also an other question not related to easy mesh if someone can help, I don't know which of the two tp links devices to setup as the router (I have a modem from my ISP).

the archer C64 has features like bandwidth control (which is very useful)

but the C6U has vpn server if used as a router, is there a way to have both of the features ?

thank you !

Options
2023-10-28 20:52:21

XrazyoX wrote

@Kevin_Z 

is the archer C6U same as C6?

because right now I'm trying to setup an easy mesh network with my archer C6U and an archer C64, and it's not working at all, the router doesn't see the satellite device 99% of the time.

sometimes when it detects it, and I can click on the "add" button, but then I have an error message saying "connection failed"

is it a firmware bug ?

also an other question not related to easy mesh if someone can help, I don't know which of the two tp links devices to setup as the router (I have a modem from my ISP).

the archer C64 has features like bandwidth control (which is very useful)

but the C6U has vpn server if used as a router, is there a way to have both of the features ?

thank you !

@XrazyoX 

Hi,

No, the Archer C6U is not the same as the Archer C6. In fact, their hardware and software are quite different.

Unless I have missed something, the Archer C6U currently doesn't support EasyMesh yet. (why the C6U occasionally shows the C64 during the search for devices I don't know)

And any "special" features that the Satellite router might have cannot be utilized in the Mesh, as TP-Link doesn't allow the user to access the user interface of the Satellite router.

Options
2023-10-29 13:05:42

@Kevin_Z just to confirm, that AX73 and C80 are working together flawlessly.

My setup:

AX73 - main router

AX73 - second router in the living room, where are most of the devices

C80 - in the yard

C80 - on second floor

All of them connected with cat6 cables, allowing 1GB WiFi internet in the whole property :)

Options
2023-10-29 16:46:45

@Kevin_Z 

any eta for ax90 to support easymesh? or is there any beta firmware?

Options
2023-10-30 08:37:35

Jun2 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

any eta for ax90 to support easymesh? or is there any beta firmware?

@Jun2 AX90 is still under Planned List as displayed here.

Sorry that we don't provide beta firmware at the moment. But I will inform you once there is new firmware for it.

Options
2023-10-30 08:39:13

mamiwhereru wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Any news on AX55 supporting ethernet backhaul? :')

@mamiwhereru As confirmed with the developers last week, the new firmware for AX55 will be officially released soon. Please wait.

Options
2023-10-30 09:06:46

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks! that's a great news! 

Options
Related Articles