EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

817 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-12-20 06:57:53

thexandrew wrote

@Alpha_Ghost96 have you had any luck adding your Archer c7 to the mesh?

@thexandrew According to the EasyMesh Product List, Archer C7 is not there.sad

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-12-20 07:09:42

D_Tan wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Trying to connect AX12 and AX55 using ethernet backhaul but still shows wireless connection between the 2 routers. Both on latest firmware. Any ideas? 

@D_Tan As confirmed by ACHvass in this reply, AX12 doesn't support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul at the moment, so it cannot connect to the AX55 via Ethernet Backhaul:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722?replyId=1283132

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-20 07:43:21

@Kevin_Z  I have one AX73v1(main) and one AXE75(sattelite).

I want to use Ethernet backhaul within each router but AXE75 doesn't support now.

When AXE75 support ethernet backhaul?

I'm looking forward to.

Thanks

Options
2023-12-22 12:00:17 - last edited 2023-12-22 13:03:55

I have an ax12 with re550 and I have it set for AP mode. So far it works but there are times when my connection stays with the AP upstairs.

I opted for the range extender because it looks cleaner than having a router on the floor but yeah, I am one of the suckers  unlucky people who thought ethernet backhaul is possible if both devices support easymesh/onemesh.

I guess we won't have this feature for a long time since it's one of the selling points of the more expensive Deco lineup. It sucks but hey, AP mode kinda works so I'll live with it for now. I hope one day we get this feature on more routers and range extenders.

Edit: Found out that there is a firmware update for AX12 that increased the stability of roaming when multiple access points are connected. I'll take it!

Options
2023-12-27 03:29:59

LionSapporo wrote

@Kevin_Z  I have one AX73v1(main) and one AXE75(sattelite).

I want to use Ethernet backhaul within each router but AXE75 doesn't support now.

When AXE75 support ethernet backhaul?

I'm looking forward to.

Thanks

@LionSapporo 

Hi, Archer AXE75 doesn't support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul now, and we don't have advanced information about when it will support it, you coud monitor any new firmware update on the router Web GUI or Tether App.

For now, if you need to connect the two routers via Ethernet connection, you could consider to use the second router as AP mode.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-27 03:35:34

@musashiro 

Hi, please note that it requires both main router and the extender supporting EasyMesh ethernet backhual to use the ethernet backhaul, thus except for monitoring firmware update of AX12, please also monitor the RE550 extender.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-27 05:13:00

@Sunshine thank you for your reply.

I will try AP mode until AXE75's new firmware release.

Options
2023-12-28 02:42:57

I still have a hope that the option to use Ethernet for the ax53v1 will come out

Options
2023-12-28 11:12:36 - last edited 2023-12-28 11:53:09

@Kevin_Z  I have two C6 v4 and trying to connect them with Ehternet backhaul EasyMesh. However, I am not able to add the satellite router (new C6) to main router (old C6).

I tried adding from the old C6 Advanced -> EasyMesh - > Add Satellite Device -> TP-Link Router. It kept searching and did not show the new C6 router in results. 

I also tried connecting both the device using WPS button but even that did not work. 

I tried to look into setting of new router (which I am trying to set as satellite), but I don't see any option to change it to Satellite mode.

Note: All of the above was performed after fatory reset for both new and old router. Please help me fix this.

Options
2023-12-28 11:57:04

@Milan_b 

Hi, please refer to Scenario 2: Add a new satellite router to EasyMesh in this thread:

How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

There is no need to add it manually, just check directly on the main router whether the new one will appear on the easymesh device list automatically. If not, please check if both routers are running the latest firmware version.

Options