EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

749 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-02-06 19:54:53

For a pair of AX80 (EU version), working in EM with Ethernet Backhaul, what should I do with the OneMesh setting that is shown in the Tether app (the web interface no longer shows any OneMesh-related info, just EasyMesh). Should I set it off or on? Or it doesn't matter anymore?

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-02-06 20:11:18 - last edited 2024-02-06 20:12:55

@AllexRo 

Hi,

Any chance that your Tether app hasn't been updated for quite some time? On my Android phone the "OneMesh" menu in the Tether app has become an "EasyMesh" menu a few versions ago already. Although it's possible that TP-Link have not yet changed it for the AX80 model.

But even though it's still named "OneMesh" for you, switching it off would probably switch off "EasyMesh".

Options
2024-02-06 22:22:18 - last edited 2024-02-06 22:23:45

@woozle 

I checked right now; on Android it says 4.4.4 and on iOS it says 4.4.25.

Currently, OneMesh is off as reported by Tether app in both phones while EasyMesh is on, as reported by web admin page of AX80.

So somewhere there's a disconnect..

Options
2024-02-06 23:26:51

@AllexRo 

Then it seems TP-Link hasn't updated the menu for the AX80 in the current version of the Tether app yet.

Options
2024-02-07 14:54:41

@Kevin_Z 

I have a AX73 as wifi router in the main floor, internet router/firewall along with a Cisco switch in the basement where all ethernets are plugged in.

I decided to get a AX23 for the basement and was able to establish EasyMesh between the 2 AX, however I noticed on the AX73 management page that AX23 is joined on the easymesh network wirelessly, but I performed a couple of download tests and noticed that the download traffic was going through the AX23 ethernet port and speed was great.

On the switch logs there are a lot of network flapping between the 2 interfaces the APs are plugged in.

Anything I can do to prevent these logs, other than maybe using an unmanaged switch between the 2 AX?

Options
2024-02-08 00:38:03 - last edited 2024-02-08 00:38:32

@Kevin_Z 

i have this router:

could you please let ma know when will be possible to run easy mesh in satelite router mode

i have 2 satelites:

bsically what i a m seeking is having my Mikrotik being the main router, then ethernet to AX72 and easymesh.  currently when i use satelite mode, the easymech disapprear.

thank you for your help

Options
2024-02-08 02:42:57

@MilosJa a satellite router needs a main router to establish an EasyMesh network.

I have a pfsense router as my network router, disabled DHCP and assigned a static LAN IP on my AX73 and configured it was Main Router on EasyMesh.

Then I joined my other router/extender on my AX73 EasyMesh network

Options
2024-02-08 09:11:22

@Sunshine I find nothing relevant copying and pasting the link of that response. Could you be more precise, please? I have an AX73 and AX53 V1 and would like to connect them with wired backhaul.

Thanks

Options
2024-02-08 11:35:19 - last edited 2024-02-08 11:41:14

@taemo 

hi, 

sorry i wrote it totaly wrong way.

i made a mistake in description. the new firmware suppose to support  AP mode with easymesh; the mode without NAT, DHCP etc. just the easy mesh

so mikrotik does everything else. then all the satelite router connects to the router without NAT

i want all clients to be on mikrotik, there is WG VPN site2site

hope it does better sense than my previous post

Options
2024-02-08 12:00:33

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Is there any information, when the Air R5 AX3000 will support ethernet backhaul?

In the product's thread, there is a promise for future support, but I'd like to have a more direct information.

It's out for almost a year, and still no support for wired backhaul, only wireless, which is notably worse than the wired one.

Thank you!

Options
Related Articles