EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

749 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-02-08 14:38:21 - last edited 2024-02-09 14:43:24

@MilosJa

Havent seen any announcement regarding this nor their EasyMesh FAQ .

But like I said, just plug in your EasyMesh Main Router and Satellite Routers behind your Mikrotik Router, use the LAN ports only.

Main difference between Main Router and AP mode are the extra services running in Router Mode such as NAT, and Firewall but those won't do anything if you don't have WAN plugged.
Disable DHCP because I assume you are using your Mikrotik as your DHCP, and assign a different LAN IP on your EasyMesh that doesn't conflict with Mikrotik.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-02-09 08:24:04

@Sunshine 

I don't understand why there is no information before buying an ax53 router about what version it is. This is indeed a scam because if I knew if it does not support Ethernet backhaul easymesh I would have bought something else. Now I am stuck with two ax53 v1 routers and can't make Ethernet easymesh between them.

Also why can't we have a clear answer from TP-Link , will ax53 v1 get a firmware update to support Ethernet backhaul easymesh, or not?!?!?!

Options
2024-02-09 13:13:28

@Baciu91I'm exactly the same way. I have two AX53 and I still don't know if they will support ethernet backhaul. I researched this before buying, on the forum it was assured that there would be support. 

Options
2024-02-13 20:59:10

@woozle There is a disconnect with the apps. Slowly they are adding Easymesh management through Tether. Currently I have it on my A6's and C80's but It has not come to the AX-series devices yet through Tether. I spoke to support recently and it seems due to the AX-series having a different interface in Tether, they are also implementing some other features at the same tme and thats why the AX-series getting Easymesh through Tether is lagging behind lower end models. I'm stuck between A6's being cheaper and having remote Easymesh management, but AX10's being the cheapest solution with a VPN server built in. As soon as the AX-series has remote Easymesh management, ill be strictly buying AX10's. @AllexRo 

Options
2024-02-14 00:29:28

@Sunshine 

Any news about AX53 v1 EasyMesh Backhaul?

Thanks!

Options
2024-02-14 04:19:00 - last edited 2024-02-14 11:28:32

@taemo 

great,

now I got what you meant!

that is great. Thank you

update: works as metioned. can't explain why i din't come up with this solution myself, lol

the only downside is, the tether app says the network is offline. and you cant configure. its because the internet port does not have cable in....

Options
2024-02-14 19:46:39

@Kevin_Z i having BE800 and plan to buy another be550 for easymesh. my question is, can the MLO wifi roaming in easymesh for my wifi7 device?
another question, any update for be800 to be supported for ethernet backhaul? since I see ge800 currently supported.

Options
2024-02-15 17:30:35

@Kevin_Z 

I connected an AX23 and an EX220 via ethernet backhaul however there is one problem: the connection between the two is 100 mbps instead of 1000 mbps. The cable is Cat6 and was previously going directly to my PC so there is no doubt about that. How do I force the connection to register at 1000 mbps as the only option for speed negotiation is for the internet (WAN) port and can't find such an option for the LAN ports

Options
2024-02-15 18:14:34 - last edited 2024-02-15 18:15:29

@Frost90 

Hi,

It should be sufficient if one of two connected devices forces the duplex and speed.

So, if the AX23 was the main router and the EX220 the Easymesh satellite, then force the WAN port of the EX220 to run at 1000 Mbps.

If that doesn't result in a 1000 Mbps connection, then alternatively you can also plug the Ethernet cable into one of the LAN ports of the EasyMesh satellite router. This should also establish an EasyMesh Ethernet backhaul. The LAN ports are controlled by a different chip.

Official TP-Link support should be back at work on Sunday, after the holidays.

Options
2024-02-15 18:17:48

@Frost90 

Did you check other cabale if shows same speed?

btw  how long its your cabale between AX23 - EX220, what you use right now?

Options
Related Articles