EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

736 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-02-17 11:37:21 - last edited 2024-02-17 11:38:39

@Kevin_Z 

I managed to get a 1000 mbps connection for AX23 and EX220. The secret was to remove EX220 and sync it again while praying really hard, after the 4th attempt I managed to get 1000 mbps connection.

I also tried ethernet backhaul with AX53 V1 with beta firmware and EX220 and managed to get a 1000mbps connection on the first try, however after a reboot the connection reverted to 100 mbps. It would be really helpful if we could get a LAN Connection Speed Negotiation option like we already have for the WAN Port in order to avoid such issues.

Wake on Lan doesn't work anymore after I switched to mesh setup, do I have to configure things differently now that my PC is connected to the satellite(EX220) instead of the main router(AX53 V1) ?

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-02-17 21:44:07

@abytecoder I am not experiencing that issue, although I have just updated the firmware of AX53 V1 one hour ago, reset to factory settings and connected to the main router, AX73 through LAN ports (in both sides) I did not have to touch anything, the AX73 identified automatically the AX53 as satellite and wifi settings are automatically setup in the satellite (AX53)

I also performed several speed tests with my Ipad, moving fast from one router to the other and vice versa. No signal lost and speed was around 250-300MB/s, I have 600MB/s hired. When I stand beside any of the routers I get almost the 600 up and down.

Options
2024-02-18 09:42:52

@Manuel6 The setup is mostly working fine for me too. I am connecting the two routers via an ethernet switch. I had to go to my switch settings and disable loop prevention.

I found this solution by going through TP-Link Deco docs. The ethernet backhaul is working fine since I have done this. The switching between devices is a lot smoother now, I still had network drops but that is only in my phone for now, I have not tested it on other devices, will test it and update here if I notice it.

Also, both of my routers are Archer AX53 V1, maybe there is an issue there, not sure. Still, I am happy with the firmware update as I had to manually switch between two routers before.

Thank you

Loop Prevention Setting in Ethernet Switch

Options
2024-02-19 00:13:49

Thank you very much for adding support for ethernet backhaul to AX53 V1!

I will buy AX80 this week -- hopefully I can pair the AX53 and AX80 together.

Options
2024-02-19 02:58:26

tlkounev wrote

Hi to all.

I have BE800 with same SSID for 2,4, 5 and 6GHz as main easymesh router and two BE550 as satellites and have to say Im very disappointed how is easymesh implemented. Satellites working properly only on 2,4 and 5GHz. On 6GHz satellites using own SSID "mySSID"_6GEXT. Just why? I cant use full power of WiFi7 routers... I dont want and need extra SSID for 6GHz. MLO doesnt work properly at all. BE800 randomly restarts itself when I have MLO and WMM configured. I have new BE800 and same behave was on BE550 as main router. FWs are so poorly tested.... I dont know what to say. Im using TP-Link routers for years... I have AXE75 but this is another chapter...

Ondrej

Hello @tlkounev, thanks for posting in the community.

As far as I can confirm, the 6GHz Wi-Fi isn't designed to build up the wireless backhaul connections, which means only the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks will join the mesh connection. That could be the reason why the satellite router creates its 6GHz network. Please notice that the 6 GHz band is not required for MLO.

If the BE800 restarts when you enable MLO and WMM configured, we would like to follow it up via a support email. If you're willing to investigate it further, please check your email box later and follow the suggestions provided by our engineers. Thank you very much.

Options
2024-02-19 03:26:19

Frost90 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I managed to get a 1000 mbps connection for AX23 and EX220. The secret was to remove EX220 and sync it again while praying really hard, after the 4th attempt I managed to get 1000 mbps connection.

I also tried ethernet backhaul with AX53 V1 with beta firmware and EX220 and managed to get a 1000mbps connection on the first try, however after a reboot the connection reverted to 100 mbps. It would be really helpful if we could get a LAN Connection Speed Negotiation option like we already have for the WAN Port in order to avoid such issues.

Wake on Lan doesn't work anymore after I switched to mesh setup, do I have to configure things differently now that my PC is connected to the satellite(EX220) instead of the main router(AX53 V1) ?

Hello @Frost90, thanks for posting in the community.

Regarding the EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul negotiation speed concern, generally, the two routers will negotiate automatically, and there is no need to manually change the Negotiation Speed. As woozle suggested, we basically can try with different cables and ports to fix it.

Regarding the Wake on LAN issue, does it work properly before you build up the mesh network? How does the PC connect to the internet? Does it connect to the AX53 directly with a LAN cable? It's suggested to follow this story article to check some basic settings on the network as well as on the PC:

What Is Wake on LAN and How to Troubleshoot If It Does Work As Expected?

Options
2024-02-19 03:33:18

Jun2 wrote

@Kevin_Z i having BE800 and plan to buy another be550 for easymesh. my question is, can the MLO wifi roaming in easymesh for my wifi7 device?

@Jun2 Nope. EasyMesh is currently only designed for the main network. Neither the MLO Network nor the Guest Network supports EasyMesh roaming at the moment.

Jun2 wrote

@Kevin_Z 
another question, any update for be800 to be supported for ethernet backhaul? since I see ge800 currently supported.

Sorry that we haven't got any advanced notice yet. sad

Options
2024-02-19 03:35:54

Baciu91 wrote

@Sunshine 

I don't understand why there is no information before buying an ax53 router about what version it is. This is indeed a scam because if I knew if it does not support Ethernet backhaul easymesh I would have bought something else. Now I am stuck with two ax53 v1 routers and can't make Ethernet easymesh between them.

Also why can't we have a clear answer from TP-Link , will ax53 v1 get a firmware update to support Ethernet backhaul easymesh, or not?!?!?!

Hello @Baciu91 

We have provided a beta firmware which added the support for EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer AX53 V1, please check my original post in the following link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722

Options
2024-02-19 07:30:19

@Kevin_Z 

At last, I have setup my mesh with ethernet backhaul, with this we could now fully utilize our ISP everywhere in the house.

It's been 1 year since I've been lurking in this forum, now I could finally close this chrome tab. 

Thanks TP-Link,

Options
2024-02-19 11:24:26

I just noticed that in "Archer_AX53_V1_1.2.4_Build_20240206.zip" the firmware file is named "ax53v1-up-us-ver1-2-4-P1[20240206-rel41393]-1024_nosign_2024-02-06_14.05.03.bin" (note the "US" word).

Can I use it with my EU model AX53 V1? I'm worried about bricking my router.

Options
Related Articles