EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

736 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2 weeks ago

@LuisFN sounds like solid ground for a class action suit

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2 weeks ago

@Eightball11854 

Hi, may I know where you saw the Archer AX90 v1.0/v1.20, RE815X v1.0 and RE505X v1.0 advertised EasyMesh with Ethernet backhaul?

Actually, the Archer AX90 v1/v1.20 doesn't support EasyMesh at this moment: TP-Link EasyMesh Devices

Options
2 weeks ago

@LuisFN 

Thank you very much for the feedback, we will try to report it to the related department for evaluation.

By the way, the Reddit user comment you mentioned seems to be a different thing. It seems that he/she misunderstood the model number instead of the hardware version, as AX1800 means the maximum wireless link speed supported in all bands and there may be different models available with the same wireless specification. The model number typically follows a format like "Archer AXxxxx."

We will make a note of these misunderstandings and include them in our report. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, 

I'm using Archer AX55_V1 with 1.2.6 Build_20231030 (Public Beta Firmware for Trial) as main

And ax10 with latest eu firmware .

What am I doing wrong since they connect only via wifi?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Thody 

You might try the latest firmware for the AX55.  Check this post for more info.

Options
2 weeks ago

@jra11500 

Wow amazing , that worked perfectly!

Can't believe I've spent 3 days with 0 results instead of 10 min...

Thank you so much !

Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine Any updates on when stable firmware would be released for Ax53 V1 ? Thanks. 

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi, @Sunshine . Thank you for your response.

By the way, the Reddit user comment you mentioned seems to be a different thing. It seems that he/she misunderstood the model number instead of the hardware version, as AX1800 means the maximum wireless link speed supported in all bands and there may be different models available with the same wireless specification. The model number typically follows a format like "Archer AXxxxx."

Yes, AX1800 means the maximum wireless speed as you say, but there is also a router model called AX1800 (link).

That model is in the list of routers that support EasyMesh with Ethernet Backhaul. The user saw that list and thought that by buying a model with AX1800, it would have that feature.

This is an understandable mistake that results from a misleading name given by the TP-Link. Given there are multiple devices with AX1800 as a the maximum wireless speed, it's a mistake to use "AX1800" as a model name to one of those devices.

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@LuisFN 

Hi,

I might be wrong, but I always assumed the "Archer AX1500", "Archer AX1800" and "Archer AX3000" models that use the speed rating as their model name are exclusively made for Walmart.

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi,  @woozle .

I can see that the AX1800 is sold, for example, on Amazon UK. (link)

But even if it was a Walmart exclusive, that wouldn't have avoided the mislead choice that I described in my previous comment.

The problem is the fact that AX1800 was used as a model name, and being listed online as having the feature in question made the user think that any model with AX1800 would have that feature.

Options
Related Articles