EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

817 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-05-17 11:08:17

@gxty Hi gxty, I am currently in the same boat you were in months ago, with 1 Archer C80 able to upgrade firmware, but the other not able to due to the special SG firmware. Could I trouble you to send me a copy of the beta firmware you received as well? I'd really appreciate it.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-05-17 11:12:15

@Sunshine Hi Sunshine, I am currently experiencing the same issue gxty did last year. Ther one where they were unable to upgrade one of their Archer C80s due to it being a special SG Firmware to fit with standards. I was wondering if you could send me a copy of that beta firmware for the Archer C80 that enables the easyMesh. I've been banging my head on this issue for a while now, and I'd appreciate the help.

Options
2024-05-20 06:23:07

TinOfRocks wrote

@Sunshine Hi Sunshine, I am currently experiencing the same issue gxty did last year. Ther one where they were unable to upgrade one of their Archer C80s due to it being a special SG Firmware to fit with standards. I was wondering if you could send me a copy of that beta firmware for the Archer C80 that enables the easyMesh. I've been banging my head on this issue for a while now, and I'd appreciate the help.

@TinOfRocks Since SG firmware is a customized version for the local market, I would suggest you contact the local support team to confirm if it will receive an EasyMesh firmware update in the future. Sorry that there is no public beta firmware for the SG customized version.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-05-20 07:36:36

@Kevin_Z Yes, its the beta firmware. The ethernet backhaul is buggy, on setup it works, after it doesnt lol

2 Archer AX53 V1 routers

Options
2024-05-20 11:02:27

Jerryyy wrote

@Kevin_Z Yes, its the beta firmware. The ethernet backhaul is buggy, on setup it works, after it doesnt lol

2 Archer AX53 V1 routers

@Jerryyy You need to describe the issue in detail but not just mention buggy. From the word buggy, cannot find a clue to help locate the issue.

Have you referred to this guide to configure the Ethernet Backhaul?

How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

Are they connecting to each other via Ethernet cable directly? Or they are connecting via a switch? What is the distance between them?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-05-24 12:09:46

@Kevin_Z  Hi, I'm trying to decide whether to buy the xx530V that's available in Brazil. I need to know if it does support the mesh ethernet backhaul... It's current firmware is XX530v(US1) 1.0_Build 240201, dated 2024-04-18 as initial release, so its quite new, I have high hopes...

Can you confirm that it supports ethernet backhaul? And if not, are there plans to include it in a near future? This will affect my decision to buy it.

Thank you!

Options
2024-05-24 12:28:19

@Kevin_Z So there is no switch between them. They are connected directly with an ethernet cable (Cat6e).

Without cable they are connecting perfectly. With cable after a few seconds no connection. There is a cable of 6-7 meters.

Tried connecting them the following ways:

Ethernet of main - Ethernet of Satellite 

Ethernet of main - Wan of Satellite 

neither of them worked

Contacted local tplink support, they couldnt do anything even on anydesk.

Options
2024-05-27 06:41:45 - last edited 2024-05-27 08:12:51

Jerryyy wrote

@Kevin_Z So there is no switch between them. They are connected directly with an ethernet cable (Cat6e).

Without cable they are connecting perfectly. With cable after a few seconds no connection. There is a cable of 6-7 meters.

Tried connecting them the following ways:

Ethernet of main - Ethernet of Satellite 

Ethernet of main - Wan of Satellite 

neither of them worked

Contacted local tplink support, they couldnt do anything even on anydesk.

@Jerryyy When there is 'no connection', what is the EasyMesh status on the main AX53 router web page?

Does it show an active wireless connection or an Ethernet connection? Can you please show us the screenshot of it? Thank you.

What if you place them closer and connect them with a shorter Ethernet cable, will it make a difference? What kind of cable are you connecting the two routers? If possible, please try restoring the satellite router to factory defaults, then connect the LAN/Ethernet port of the main AX53 to the LAN/Ethernet of the satellite. No need to do anything configuration on the satellite, and then monitor the connectivity again.

Options
2024-05-27 08:27:35

ecruz1986 wrote

@Kevin_Z  Hi, I'm trying to decide whether to buy the xx530V that's available in Brazil. I need to know if it does support the mesh ethernet backhaul... It's current firmware is XX530v(US1) 1.0_Build 240201, dated 2024-04-18 as initial release, so its quite new, I have high hopes...

Can you confirm that it supports ethernet backhaul? And if not, are there plans to include it in a near future? This will affect my decision to buy it.

Thank you!

@ecruz1986 As far as I can confirm, XX530v supports EasyMesh and Ethernet Backhaul.

If you use more than one XX53v to build up the mesh network, you can connect them by cable via LAN directly.

If you use the XX53v and some other EasyMesh routers from another manufacturer, you may need to build up the wireless connection first via the WPS button, then connect the Ethernet cable via LAN after the wireless connection is built up successfully.

Options
2024-05-28 13:34:40

@Kevin_Z

When will the official firmware be released for AX53 V1?

It's been quite a while since the beta firmware was released. Is there any other feature to be implemented which is delaying the release?

Options