EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

815 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2 weeks ago

Hi

Can someone confirm if the AX53 V1 (EU) on new official firmware does support ethernet backhaul?

I'm currently on the beta firmware but would like to change to official if I can.

Thanks

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2 weeks ago

@Michaelflat1 from this thread, it seems to be confirmed that 1.2.4 supports ethernet backhaul https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/671042?replyId=1372078

Options
2 weeks ago

@Michaelflat1 
I'm on the new firmware, and unfortunately the ethernet backhaul doesn't work on the new official firmware.
I am currently using the second router as an access point.

Options
2 weeks ago

DiakonCZ wrote

@Kevin_Z Hi, how does it look with ax55 pro please? I m using ax73 as main and ax55 pro as satellite but it doesn´t work with Ethernet backhaul 

@DiakonCZ Can I confirm how does the AX55 Pro connect to the main AX73? Is it connected to the AX73 directly via an Ethernet cable or connected via a switch?

How long is the cable between them?

When connecting them via an Ethernet cable, what is the EasyMesh status on the main AX73 page, does it still show a wireless connection? Please follow this guide again to configure Ethernet Backhaul.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago

I tested Archer x53 v1 new official firmware, but the ethernet backhaul not functioning. In the beta firmware working, but only if the main and satellite routers have wireless connection and find each other then change to ethernet backhaul.

Options
2 weeks ago

ledebe wrote

@Kevin_Z 

On the EasyMesh Product List page it shows that Archer AX12 has wired Ethernet Backhaul support. Is it wrong?

@ledebe As per the firmware release notes, no notes mention that it supports wired/Ethernet Backhaul. I will feedback to the web admin to check or update the list.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago

OcsiBardos wrote

I tested Archer x53 v1 new official firmware, but the ethernet backhaul not functioning. In the beta firmware working, but only if the main and satellite routers have wireless connection and find each other then change to ethernet backhaul.

@OcsiBardos As far as I can confirm, the official version Archer AX53(EU)_V1_240509 doesn't include Ethernet Backhaul. You may check the release notes which mention 'Enhanced device security'.

If you require Ethernet Backhaul, please stay with the beta firmware until the new official firmware mentions it supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul.

Options
2 weeks ago

AngeloWinicius wrote

@Michaelflat1 
I'm on the new firmware, and unfortunately the ethernet backhaul doesn't work on the new official firmware.
I am currently using the second router as an access point.

@AngeloWinicius Yes. You're correct. The latest official version Archer AX53(EU)_V1_240509 doesn't support Ethernet Backhaul.

Please stay with the beta firmware we provided in the original post to implement the EasyMesh network with Ethernet Backhaul.

Options
2 weeks ago

SeventySix wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I installed the Beta Firmware (Archer_AX53_V1_1.2.4_Build_20240206) on my TPLink AX53 (US Version) a few weeks back.

Now it looks like the stable version has been released, where can I find/download the latest build (1.2.4 Build 20240509)?

@SeventySix As responded to others above, the latest official version Archer AX53(EU)_V1_240509 doesn't support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul. It's suggested to stay with the provided beta firmware if you require to implement the EasyMesh network with Ethernet Backhaul.

BTW, is your AX53 an EU version or a US version?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z 

Does the AX55 Pro now support EasyMesh with Ethernet Backhaul? It is not on the list of routers on the first page of this thread.

Options