EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

817 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2 weeks ago

Kevin_Z wrote

ledebe wrote

@Kevin_Z 

On the EasyMesh Product List page it shows that Archer AX12 has wired Ethernet Backhaul support. Is it wrong?

@ledebe As per the firmware release notes, no notes mention that it supports wired/Ethernet Backhaul. I will feedback to the web admin to check or update the list.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

@Kevin_Z 

Please follow up on this. I purchased two AX12 routers after confirming on the webpage which is linked on this thread. Also, the support webpage of the router does not list any firmware downloads.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

@Neon1234XX 

Sorry, we double-checked again that Archer AX53 V1 1.2.4 build version has not yet integrated into the Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul feature, sp please continue to use Beta version from this thread

And We will push for a new firmware release as soon as possible.

Options
2 weeks ago

Marvin_S wrote

@Neon1234XX 

Sorry, we double-checked again that 1.2.4 build version has not yet integrated into the Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul feature, sp please continue to use Beta version from this thread

And We will push for a new firmware release as soon as possible.

Hello   @Marvin_S,

Thank you for the confirmation. I will wait for the official FW before trying out the ethernet backhaul feature.

Options
2 weeks ago

Yazza007 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Does the AX55 Pro now support EasyMesh with Ethernet Backhaul? It is not on the list of routers on the first page of this thread.

@Yazza007 As per the EasyMesh Compatibility List and also confirmed with the engineering team, AX55 Pro V2/v2.6 does support EasyMesh with Ethernet Backhaul.

AX55 Pro V1 has not yet integrated EasyMesh with Ethernet Backhaul, but a new version of firmware that adds support for EasyMesh with Ethernet Backhaul is on the way and it could be available for upgrade in a week or two.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago

ledebe wrote

Kevin_Z wrote

ledebe wrote

@Kevin_Z 

On the EasyMesh Product List page it shows that Archer AX12 has wired Ethernet Backhaul support. Is it wrong?

@ledebe As per the firmware release notes, no notes mention that it supports wired/Ethernet Backhaul. I will feedback to the web admin to check or update the list.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

@Kevin_Z 

Please follow up on this. I purchased two AX12 routers after confirming on the webpage which is linked on this thread. Also, the support webpage of the router does not list any firmware downloads.

@ledebe We've checked with the development team and confirmed that Archer AX12 has not yet implemented EasyMesh with Ethernet Backhaul. The website listed it wrong and the website admin will update it as soon as possible.

Considering you've just purchased the routers, it's suggested to contact your reseller to replace them with a model that is confirmed to support EasyMesh with Ethernet Backhaul as illustrated on the first page of this thread.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If there is an issue with the replacement, we would be happy to forward your case to the local support team. Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago

So because I switched to the newer version, leaving the BETA version, would it be possible to put the BETA firmware of the ax53 v1 to download?

Options
2 weeks ago

AngeloWinicius wrote

So because I switched to the newer version, leaving the BETA version, would it be possible to put the BETA firmware of the ax53 v1 to download?

@AngeloWinicius 

Page 1 of this thread was updated today and now links to the firmware verison 1.2.4 beta again. 

Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

Mainly just posting to advocate for the EasyMesh feature to be implemented to the AX6600 Archer GX90 router v. 1.6

Was bought few years ago, still a premium device. Only it doesn't feature EasyMesh.

Question for anyone out there:

I just purchased an AX10, and would like to establish a wired back haul of some sorts with my main gx90. I prefer to do this by setting AX10, either as wireless mesh, or wired AP. Would prefer to have GX90 as main router since it has better specs. If I set AX10 as my main would it even be worth it?

Some tools also available in my arsenal: some EasySmart Managed Switches(108e v6.6, 2 105E v. 5.6  , an RE315, a PA7017P(v. 4.6) power-line kit, as well as some new TP hardware: an AX1500 (v. 1) Travel Router and an LS108GP.

I know I can make something work, but wondering what a more experienced user would do with the hardware available?

Also, can you please update GX90 v1.6 firmware to provide EasyMesh? I didn't care about any of this stuff when I bought it, and I don't wish to up or downgrade.

Thanks all.

Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

So I am looking forward to it! I bought ax55 pro v1 a week ago because support confirmed that it has ethernet backhaul. Unfortunately, I was very saddened when I found information on the Internet that it does not have it, however. I have been trying to get this feature working for a week and thought I was doing something wrong.
I have an additional 3 archer c6 routers and wanted to set the ax55 pro router as the main one in the house. 

What version number (eu) will this update have?

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Kevin_Z Terrible experience on AX53, no satellites, no backhaul, nothing, wasted hours.

I have 2 x AX53 V1, updated both updated to 1.2.4 Build 20240206 rel.41393(4555) beta firmware with zero success setting up EasyMesh, the most spectactular errors include:

• Android Teather app not allowing to change EasyMesh mode from Router to Satellite mode on the intended 'client' AX53 (it's literally unclickable), forcing me to use wired connection directly to the router in an airgapped network (PC and client Router only, no internet or connection to the rest of my LAN)
  • When changing mode on the client router to EasyMesh Satellite via the web interface and starting the scan on the main Router the client Router reboots to factory defaults, doesn't appear on the main Router scan and basically sits there doing nothing, both wired to the LAN or trying with nothing connected as instucted, when I log in after waiting a reasonable amount of time for multiple main Router scans to fail it is in inital setup as a new router with EasyMesh disabled by deault once I complete the inital setup.

This is a seperate issue that has always nagged at me but is mostly irrelivent, all this would be almost impossible due to the DNS hijacking for http://tplinkwifi.net for an adverage user, I had to use a combination of airgapped wired network and wireless using Teather to be able to administer both devices simultaniously because default LAN gateway is 192.168.0.1 on my 'main' AX53 and with the reset to defaults on the 'client' router when attempting EasyMesh Satellite also being 192.168.0.1 and both these routers continually being annoyed with me trying to use http://192.168.0.x and trying to continually revert to http://tplinkwifi.net.

This is a general request, allow use to disable the DNS hijack completely and administer our devices using IP addresses, this has always been a pain and just exacerbates this testing.

I have been waiting for backhaul forever, I thought it would be a feature when I initally puchased these routers and I've had to run one as an access point for a year and had basically given up on having a mesh network, I was so excited to find out about this update but it's been nothing but disappointing.

One final thought after writing all that, could my 'main' router being on 192.168.0.1 be the cause of the Satellite not being discovered after it's reboot? Even though they are airgapped it probably isn't very helpful for the 'client' router defaulting to 192.168.0.1... although I suspect it is even actually rebooting into a discoverable Satellite mode from what I can tell.

I may test again this weekend with my 'main' router on a different IP that won't conflict with a factory reset but right now any enthusiasm I have for further testing is gone especially with the prospect of having to restart 23 devices to get a new gateway after DHCP changes.

Can you ask your engineers to please confirm that restarting an AX53 in EasyMesh Satellite mode is indeed actually making it discoverable in testing?

Options