[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

293 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-11-06 07:46:51

@Sunshine 

Thanks for the advice, resetting it did the trick in the end.

But I must say, having to physically uninstall the satellite (which has multiple LAN devices connected), carry it over to the main router plug it in via cable to perform the update (forgetting about the MAC filter first...) an then re-adding it to the mesh (which didn't succeed in the first attempt) was quite a bit of work.

I'm glad that this is now not necessary anymore but it would have been nice if direct update of the satellite were possible from the first version...

So far it seems to run pretty stable but I've noticed a few oddities:

The number of client devices per mesh device in the "Network Map" in the web interface is wrong.

There are only 12 devices in total and the sum of the mesh devices doesn't add up:

Same in the "Easy Mesh" tab:

It seems that the main router is also counting the satellite devices and they also show up in the device list of the router.

In the "Tether" app it shows up correctly though... (BTW: Great that we can finally manage EasyMesh in Tether!)

Then there is a device that sometimes (or always? not sure ye) shows up as "Offline" in the device list even if the person using it is sitting right next to me:

Maybe it has to do with the speed limit?

The web interface overally is also pretty confusing IMO:

• Why are there so many different places that show a network map in a slightly different way?
  • Why is the list of clients per mesh device only visible under "EasyMesh" and not in the network map?
  • Why is the list of clients hidden in the "Edit" dialog?
  • Why is there another list of mesh devices in the "Firmware Udate" tab instead of just allowing to perform the update from the one of the other places where they are listed anyway?

Just for comparison, this is what a clean mesh overview looks like while still providing all the information in one place:

Sorry for "advertising" a competitor here, but it really makes the difference obvious.

Another annoyance is the naming and location of devices:

• I named my main router "Router", so why is the device name shown as "Archer AX55" in the device map instead of the proper name?
  • Why is there no possibility to set the main router's location?
  • Why is the Tether app mixing name and location in the EasyMesh section?

Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More-Solution
2023-11-06 09:07:00 - last edited 2023-11-06 09:07:22

@sperla @Atsukio @HighVoltageGuy @Zdzislaw 

Hi All,

Good News!

We have just updated the beta firmware to "Archer_AX55_V1_1.2.6 Build_20231106", which solved the login issue in AP mode, please update to the new firmware and test if previous issue has been resolved.

Looking forward to your update!

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-11-06 10:02:36

Sunshine wrote

Hi All,

Good News!

We have just updated the beta firmware to "Archer_AX55_V1_1.2.6 Build_20231106", which solved the login issue in AP mode, please update to the new firmware and test if previous issue has been resolved.

@Sunshine 

Looking forward to trying this out, though i'll need to wait till tomorrow after they've got my fibre-optic replaced or something, as my internet isn't working as of today, pending ISP to get it resolved.

Options
2023-11-06 10:05:32

@Coriander 

Hi, thank you very much for the detailed feedback.

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-06 10:13:10

@Atsukio This is noted, thank you very much for your kind reply.

Please let us know once you have any update.

Options
2023-11-06 13:25:46

@Sunshine 

Ax55 and ax23 are not connected directly, only through the provider's router (Star topology. I only have one ethernet cable for each floor, that's why I needed ax55 in AP mode). I don't want a wireless connection because it is too weak for proper operation.

I uploaded Archer_AX55_V1_1.2.6 Build_20231106 and now logging in to the main router works.

Thank you very much.

The main router and tether application now also shows connected clients, but only connected to the main AX55 router. Ax23 satellite shows 0 clients.

It would be useful to update firmware for ax23 so that you can log in directly to the satellite and set basic things such as static IP, WIFI signal strength.

Now the satellite GUI show message "Rejected request under RE mode."

Options
2023-11-07 00:17:29

@Sunshine 

I testing beta firmware (20230603-rel46473) on my both AX55v1. And for now works great and finnaly blackhaul <3 that is awesome, but some things neeed update: 

1. Sometimes not showing connected clinets list on satelite router (web and tether) but i still investigate that becouse today always works LOL :D

2. Cant change name of storge usb on sattelite router always operation fail. Only can be "Tp-Share"

3. Restart schedule is missing for satellite router.

PS. i just notice a new beta firmware 20231106-rel45124 release, so more update after testing it :) 

Options
2023-11-07 01:43:12

@Zdzislaw 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

Currently, only the AX55 V1 beta firmware supports to manage satellite router, after the AX55 V1 beta firmware trial ends and official firmware releases, I believe more EasyMesh routers will support it.

Regarding the satellite router client 0, after you move to the satellite router area, please disconnect WiFi and reconnect it to ensure it is connected to the satellite router, then check the client again, if still shows 0, please share with us some screenshots.

By the way, the EasyMesh page of the AX55 shows the AX23 is connected via Ethernet cable, right?

Options
2023-11-07 01:49:47

@ChrisBS 

Thanks for the feedback, please test the new beta firmware 20231106-rel45124 and let us know if there is any issues.

Options
2023-11-07 03:45:48

Sunshine wrote

Hi All,

Good News!

Internet's back up on my end, i just installed the firmware, will let you know how it goes in 24 hours.

Options