Deco Monthly Recap- Check What's Currently Going on With Deco

Deco Monthly Recap- Check What's Currently Going on With Deco

29 Reply
Re:Deco Monthly Recap- Check What's Currently Going on With Deco
2024-02-21 02:24:27

@Maruay-Yong 

@heuvepie 

The firmware has been sent and please let me know how it works.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-02-21 13:14:33

@David-TP 

Hi David, could you send me the firmware for the X50 v1.2 please, I currently have 2 x50 v1 units and one X50 outdoor (all latest firmware) all working together nicely, as soon as I introduce the x50 V1.2 to the network I start getting issues with the whole system, hopefully the update got the v1.2 unit will resolve this.

Many thanks 

Options
2024-02-22 02:20:58

@MrBooo2you 

Hi, The firmware has been sent via Message.

May I know what issues you are having after Deco X50_V1.2 joined the Mesh system?

If the 1.2.0 firmware did not help, it is suggested to start a new thread here with more details.

Thank you very much.

Options
2024-02-22 11:37:51

@David-TP 

The app would be come very sluggish with displaying the network.

The app would be unable to find the network at all.

If the app connected successfully it's performance was very poor and slow, connected devices would be incorrect and cause a network reboot after browsing the connected devices. 

Decos would disconnect and eventually re connect, this does not happen when the v1.2 unit is removed.

In a nutshell the v1.2 unit makes the network very unstable and virtually unusable so it is currently removed and collecting dust.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Options
2024-02-22 13:59:29

@David-TP 

I have been locking at BE85. How do you install it?

I mean if you have switches to plugin wired to the router and then all product in the rooms and maybe more of BE85 to have good Wifi?

Options
2024-02-23 01:29:15

@MrBooo2you 

Thanks for the further details.

I noticed you have updated the Deco X50_V1.2 to 1.2.0. Did it help a little bit with the APP performance?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-02-23 01:35:47

@Swenik 

Hi, nice to see you again.

Have you ever used Deco before? The configuration of Deco BE85 is the same as its previous models.

How to set up a Deco Mesh Wi-Fi 7 System

As for the network diagram, if you plan to set Ethernet Backhaul, you could refer to General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature.

The number of the Deco might vary in the location and nearby Wi-Fi interference. Too many Mesh units might not always be a good thing.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-02-23 18:56:21

@David-TP 

Thanks for the link 👍 so far so good, app is still a little sluggish but without the restarts and crashes 🙏 I'm running in AP mode ATM, will I have any compatibility issues with the decos in router mode? I'm awaiting a broadband upgrade and hoping to change to router mode very soon? Will the v1.2 unit degrade the network in any way? I.e. hold back features etc?

Appreciate your help 🙏🙏

Options
2024-02-26 01:04:34

@MrBooo2you 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I think Deco X50_V1.2 with 1.2.0 firmware will work well with other Decos under wireless router mode, and will not degrade the network proformance.

Best regards.

Options
2024-02-28 04:40:23

@David-TP 

I've already upgraded to 1.20 

So far so good, I noticed that there is a bit improvement about connection with my switchbot battery camera which connected via 2.4 ghz channel. It used to lost a connection 2-3 times per day but now stay stable.

Options
Related Articles