Deco Monthly Recap- Check What's Currently Going on With Deco

29 Reply
Re:Deco Monthly Recap- Check What's Currently Going on With Deco
2024-02-28 10:16:59
Thank you for all your help 🙏 greatly appreciated
Options
2024-03-10 10:18:55

@David-TP Deco M5 is listed as End Of Life in the Greek website. Correct or mistake?

Options
2024-03-11 01:13:01

@snikito 

Hi, each official website is under the charge of the local technical support team. If they have marked M5 "EOL", it might be no longer available in the local market in Greece.

Best regards.

Options
2024-03-13 05:14:07

@David-TP Any chance TP-Link is working on a software update for the 80<>160mhz switching "issue". 160mhz is recommended (on my Wifi7 device), but keeps switching automatically back to 80mhz channels and the downgrade in performance is substantial. Would love to know if TP-Link is working on addressing it. Thanks!

Options
2024-03-13 08:38:15 - last edited 2024-03-13 08:49:47

@Dagansinferno 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback. I haven't heard of any plans about it yet.

160MHz needs 4 consecutive 40MHz 5Ghz channels so it is evitably working on the DFS channels ( U-NII-2A/2C of 5GHz)

Here is what I learnt about the DFS(Dynamic frequency selection):

It is legally required Channel Availability Check process to prevent electromagnetic interference the 5 GHz frequency with the radar. So WLAN devices, like wireless routers need to switch to another channel if they detect the presence of radar signals to avoid interfering with radar systems, such as weather, military, and airport radars.

Since it is legally required, the 80<>160mhz switching is inevitable.It doesn't just apply to Deco. Other brand routers also have DFS detection, such as

[Wireless Router] What is DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection) and how does it work on ASUS router?

What is Dynamic Frequency Selection and how does it work with my NETGEAR router?

Best regards.

Options
2024-03-13 20:21:26

Are there any upcoming firmware updates for PX50? I'm encountering major issues with powerline and Dutch TP-link support has closed my ticket regarding the issue without providing an issue and/or reacting to my last message.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP any updates for XE75? 1.2.9 is been the latest for a long time. 

Options
Monday

@David-TP 

Dear Mr David ,

I just bought Deco x60 ver 3.2 . I use it as a satellite for Deco S7. The internet speed is unstable. And the Signal range of deco X60 worse than Deco S7 .  There are something worng with my Deco x60 ? Or  do I have to switch deco x60 as main deco ?

Options
Monday

@Leminhhdat 

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

I think the wireless range of the Deco X60 should be better or at least the same as the Deco S7. Currently, We can try to change Deco X60 to be the main Deco first to see whether it helps with the current issue:

How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Related Articles