What should I do if I cannot connect to TP-Link camera through APP on smart phone

What should I do if I cannot connect to TP-Link camera through APP on smart phone

29 Reply
Re:What I should do if I cannot connect to TP-Link camera through APP on smart phone?
2021-06-02 09:00:13

@Solla-topee 

yes finally after trying with 2 Samsung, 1 iPhone I was successful with a Xiaomi 

now I'm trying to know why I have 50 alerts a day in a storehouse with no people or animals moving around, but that is another topic

Options
Re:What I should do if I cannot connect to TP-Link camera through APP on smart phone?
2021-06-07 08:01:50

@g.g. Hello,

Thank you for your reply, glad to hear that your camera was able to connect to router right now. 

The light changes / snow/ rain will also trigger motion detection, you may lower the sensitivity if that happens too often. 

If the notification is not triggered by the above, It is recommended to create a new post and share a video clip of the issue, thank you. 

Options
2021-06-29 06:24:56

@Kevin_Z I have the tp-link model NC230 and I have it connected with an Ethernet cord. The camera is showing solid green but everytime I try to connect it to the app it says it couldn't connect. I have been messing with it for over an hour and I'm super annoyed now. 

Options
2021-07-08 09:38:10

@Cara28  

Sorry for the delay, may I know do you want to camera use Wireless or Ethernet connection? If via Ethernet cable, please choose 'Ethernet connection' while settings up the camera on tpCamera app, if there is any trouble, may I know which step it got problem and what is the Error message? Thank you. 

Options
2021-08-27 16:23:05

Try to customize the wireless settings of the main router to optimize the wireless performance. Like wireless channel and channel width.

Options
2021-12-14 11:57:34

@Kevin_Z  I truly put a great deal of thought into this, thank you for taking note.

Options
Re:What should I do if I cannot connect to TP-Link camera through APP on smart phone
2022-07-04 21:15:28

@Kevin_Z I'm unable to connect two Tapo cameras, TC60 and TC70 to TP-Link TL-WPA4230P WiFi powerline adapter. Can you advise if this should be supported? The powerline adapter is setup for WPA2-PSK with AES. I can connect other devices, mobiles, tablets and other cameras, to the adapter's wifi with no issues.

TC60 Details;

H/W Version 2.0

F/W Version 1.1.15 Build 211130 Rel. 64367n(4555)

TP-Link TL-WPA4230P connected to Virgin Media Hub 4

TC70 Details;

H/W Version 3.0

F/W Version 1.1.19 Build 220329 Rel.63274n(4555)

TP-Link TL-WPA4230P connected to Virgin Media Hub 4

I've setup hotspot on a mobile phone with same WiFi SSID and password as the TP-Link Powerline adapter's Wifi and both cameras can be setup and connect successfully. It's only when I try to connect them to the TP-Link powerline adapter they won't connect to the WiFi. The powerline adapter is setup for WPA2-PSK with AES.

Appreciate any advice.

D.

Options
Re:What should I do if I cannot connect to TP-Link camera through APP on smart phone
2022-07-05 01:29:35 - last edited 2022-07-05 01:31:14

Hello  @dezzyfox 

Thank you for the feedback. If tapo camera set up failed, you could try suggestion in guide below 

What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

• Ensure tapo APP is up to date
  • Update firmware for camera if it can connect to a mobile hotspot wifi. 
  • To see if this relates to the ISP network, try to connect directly to the Wi-Fi of the main router
  • Please check if on router client list and see if camera has obtained an IP address, if yes, you could adjust router & Modem firewall settings, change router DNS to 8.8.8.8. 

If camera could connect to router wifi but failed to connect to Wifi powerline extender. 

Try to adjust the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi channel & channel width like channel 1/6/11. Channel 20Mhz for the Wi-Fi powerline  extender. 

If still the same, may I know what is the error message on the APP and how about the Led status on camera when set up failed? 

What is the model of your phone and its Andriod or OS version? 

Options
2022-07-05 08:22:33 - last edited 2022-07-05 09:34:51

@Solla-topee thanks for the quick reply and suggestions.

App is up to date and no firmware updates are available. Devices were purchased recently and only delivered yesterday.

I should've said that as well as being able to connect to a mobile hotspot I am able to connect to my VM hub 4 successfully so it's only an issue with the powerline adapter.

When I view the Wireless Statistics in the powerline adapter web page, the MAC address of the camera never appears when it goes through the setup stage for connecting to WiFi network. Only the connected mobile device shows.

I've tried using 3 devices during setup - Samsung A40 Android 11, Samsung Tab A (2016) Android 8.1 and a OnePlus 9 Android 11. Each time these devices have been connected to WiFi of powerline adapter.

The Pairing Failed error at the final stage is the one that appears on the App and Camera has flashing red light.

I have tried the suggestions for the powerline adapter as the channel options were set to Auto but still can't connect cameras

Powerline adapter details;

Firmware Version:
1.0.4 Build 141030 Rel.50540n

MAC-QCA7420-1.1.0.844-01-20120919-FINAL
PIB_422011_140304_002
Hardware Version:
TL-WPA4230P 1.0 00000000
Options