C200: how can I delete playback video? I can't see it saved anywhere

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-14 11:26:19 - last edited 2021-07-05 21:54:23
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm confused about the difference between the Playback and Memory tabs. If I record manually the video is stored in the Memory tab. But I recorded last night via schedule and the video is only available in the Playback tab, and there is no way to delete it. Where is it saved? And how can I delete it?

Also if I record manually and put my phone screen to sleep or use another app it stops recording. This is incredibly inconvenient and wastes my phone battery. How can I record manually without having to leave the Tapo app open on my phone? I'm using the Android app btw.

Options
4 Reply
Re:C200: Confused about Playback tab, and other questions
2021-07-05 21:53:25

@Dunmer Can anyone help me with this please?

Options
2021-07-06 05:59:07 - last edited 2021-07-06 11:16:58

@Dunmer  Hello, 

Motion detected recordings and local continuous recordings are saved in the SD card and will show up on the timeline in Playback. 

Manually recorded clips or pictures are saved in the cell phone and shows up in Memory.

Only  recordings in Memory can be shared, downloaded or deleted on the Tapo app directly, however, the recordings saved in the SD card cannot be shared, downloaded or deleted directly from the Tapo app, users will need to put the SD card into a computer (with an SD card reader) or phone to view or  delete the corresponding recordings: 

Here are some related FAQs that may help: 

How to use motion detection function of my Tapo camera in Tapo app
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2622/

How can I view the video recordings of the camera from the SD card on a computer?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2905/

Options
2021-07-06 21:43:02

Hi, so the SD card just keeps filling up with playback recordings until it gets full and I have to remove it to delete them all?

@Solla-topee 

Options
2021-07-07 01:01:11 - last edited 2021-07-07 01:01:25

@Dunmer 

SD card keeps filing up with Playback recordings, when SD card capacity is full, it will begin to overwrite from the oldest footage by itself. 

Normally we do not need to manually delete the recordings in the SD card until users want to delete specific recording. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 67

Views: 40169

Replies: 4