C100 time keeps changing when connected to NVR

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-06 19:18:56
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

I'm having an annoying issue with the time setting on the Tapo C100 when connected to my NVR.

The time setting on the NVR is UTC-00 Dublin Edinburgh, Longon and DST is on. The time zone on the camera is the same UTC-00

When watching live feed the camera time is Correct for about 30 seconds then it goes an hour forward for about 2 minutes then back to the correct time for 30 seconds and keeps doing this. This is obviously screwing up any recordings as the timestamp keeps changing.

I can change the NVR time to manual and turn off DST. This fixes the time from keep changing but the camera is then an hour in front of the NVR and its out of sync with my other security cameras (which all work fine and sync with the NVR).

I can't see any DST setting on the Tapo C100 so I'm assuming it's on by default and keeps syncing with an NTP server and then gets corrected by the NVR.

If I block the NTP server on my router so the camera can't sync with it would that fix the problem? if so what is the NTP server address?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:C100 time keeps changing when connected to NVR
2021-04-07 11:42:21

@Phoenixx Hello, 

Thank you for your valuable feedback, it looks like NVR affects the camera time settings. 

As this issue is pretty special, we'd like to follow up your case via email and escalate it, please check your inbox and look for email subject '【Forum ID 260166】', thanks~

Options
2021-07-19 02:27:35

@Solla-topee 

Did u manage to fix this?, i have the same issue with my nvr and camera

Options
2021-07-19 11:35:38

@ZubairM Hi, yes, I had to block udp port 123 on my router, this is the port that the camera uses to get the time, now it just uses tghe NVR time.

The other suggestion was to set the time server on the NVR to the same as the camera. I think I tried this but it didn't work.

Options
2021-07-20 02:09:56 - last edited 2021-07-20 02:10:56

@ZubairM 

Some onvif softwares/ NVR may affect camera time, you could try suggestions provided by @Phoenixx 

Here is a related thread for Tapo camera showing Incorrect Time, can you turn off NVR for a test and see  if NVR is the cause: 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/269202

May I know the model of your NVR and what is the time zone on your NVR , and time zone on Tapo, can you help confirm the information mentioned in the above thread and we may escalate your case to for a check, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 709

Replies: 4