This Article Applies to:
All Tapo Cameras, such as Tapo C310/C200/C210/C100 etc.
- Camera showing incorrect time on the Live View page or incorrect timestamp;
- Date and Time does not update on the camera;
- Time on multiple cameras is different.
- Set camera on correct Time Zone (Tapo app > tap the "wheel" icon on the Live View page > Camera Settings > Time zone);
- Turn off NVR or third-party software and Reboot the camera (Some onvif software may affect the time of the camera);
- Be sure that camera firmware and Tapo APP version are up-to-date;
- Turn off Modem/Router Firewall settings or lower firewall level for test purposes;
- Change router’s DNS to 184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11 (router’s DNS server may fail to resolve the NTP server)
- Sync time on Windows computer in the same local network, if the computer failed to get the correct time, it's more likely the NTP servers are blocked by a firewall.
How to sync the time on Windows 10:
Step 1: Tap the Windows key + I button simultaneously on the keyboard to launch the Windows Settings menu.
Step 2: Select 'Time & Language'.
Step 3: In the 'Date & Time' section, navigate to scroll down to the 'Synchronize your clock' sub-section and tap the 'Sync now' button.
*shared by @Tamadite ‘a rule blocking NTP traffic for a certain IP range. Adding this device to the NTP IP whitelist solved the problem.’
Note: Tapo Camera requires internet access to synchronize time from its NTP servers, if internet being blocked on camera or camera only working locally could cause incorrect time.
If the camera still shows incorrect time, feel free to leave your comment OR create a support email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject [TP-Link Forum ID 269202] Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time. Be sure to provide the following information:
1. Model of the router.
2. network topology: e.g. ISP--- Archer C7 router ))) wireless ((( Tapo C200
3. Do you use any third-party software or NVR?