[Troubleshooting] Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time

2021-07-02 01:59:07 - last edited 3 weeks ago

This Article Applies to:

All Tapo Cameras, such as Tapo C310/C200/C210/C100 etc.

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

• Camera showing incorrect time on the Live View page or incorrect timestamp;
  • Date and Time does not update on the camera;
  • Time on multiple cameras is different.

Troubleshooting Suggestions:

• Set camera on correct Time Zone (Tapo app > tap the "wheel" icon on the Live View page > Camera Settings > Time zone);
  • Turn off NVR or third-party software and Reboot the camera (Some onvif software may affect the time of the camera);
  • Be sure that camera firmware and Tapo APP version are up-to-date;
  • Turn off Modem/Router Firewall settings or lower firewall level for test purposes;
  • Change router’s DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 (router’s DNS server may fail to resolve the NTP server)
  • Sync time on Windows computer in the same local network, if the computer failed to get the correct time, it's more likely the NTP servers are blocked by a firewall.

How to  sync the time on Windows 10:

Step 1: Tap the Windows key + I button simultaneously on the keyboard to launch the Windows Settings menu.

Step 2: Select 'Time & Language'.

Step 3: In the 'Date & Time' section, navigate to scroll down to the 'Synchronize your clock' sub-section and tap the 'Sync now' button.

*shared by @Tamadite ‘a rule blocking NTP traffic for a certain IP range. Adding this device to the NTP IP whitelist solved the problem.’

Note: Tapo Camera requires internet access to synchronize time from its NTP servers, if internet being blocked on camera or camera only working locally could cause incorrect time.

If the camera still shows incorrect time, feel free to leave your comment OR create a support email to support@tp-link.com with the subject [TP-Link Forum ID 269202] Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time. Be sure to provide the following information:

1. Model of the router.

2. network topology: e.g. ISP--- Archer C7 router ))) wireless ((( Tapo C200

3. Do you use any third-party software or NVR?  

Options
4 Reply
Re:[Troubleshooting] Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time
2021-07-08 12:50:53

@Solla-topee  your tapo camera is a customized act divice and is currently locked 

And s/no: 220B234001742

AND NEXT ONE

S/NO:220A016000258

Options
2021-07-09 01:00:11 - last edited 2021-07-09 01:02:36

@Saisri4553 

For camera is locked, can you share some more details? This thread is for camera wrong date and time issue, please create a new thread here for other inquiries.  Thank you. 

Options
2021-08-05 10:30:10

@Solla-topee , thanks for the interesting document, but I like my Tapo out of internet !

My solution based on ONVIF Device Manager, satisfies my needs, only with the inconvenience of having to repeat the sync at each Tapo boot!

It is a pity that TP-Link does not allow a more privileged access to Tapo's core to better manage these configurations allowing a good exploitation of the camera's capabilities!

Think about that, users would appreciate it, even if it means breakage of warranty!

Options
2021-08-07 16:09:58

@Solla-topee Nice. Working Thumbs up

Options