Troubleshooting Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time
This Article Applies to:
All Tapo Cameras, such as Tapo C310/C200/C210/C100 etc.
- Camera showing incorrect time on the Live View page or incorrect timestamp;
- Date and Time do not update on the camera;
- Time on multiple cameras is different.
- Be sure that camera firmware and Tapo APP version are up-to-date;
- Set the camera on the correct Time Zone (Tapo app > tap the icon at the top right corner on the Live View page > Device Settings> Device Info > Time zone);
- Turn off NVR or third-party software and Reboot the camera (Some ONVIF software may affect the time of the camera);
- Change router’s DNS to 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168 (router’s DNS server may fail to resolve the NTP server);
- Check if the Modem / Router firewall blocked UDP port 123 (used for NTP service);
- Sync time on a Windows computer in the same local network, if the computer fails to get the correct time, it's more likely the NTP servers are blocked by a router/firewall.
How to sync the time on Windows 10: Search 'Time' in the Windows search bar to open the 'Date and Time' section > Internet time > Synchronize your clock' sub-section and tap the 'Sync now' button.
Note: Tapo Camera requires internet access to synchronize time from its NTP servers, if the internet is blocked on the camera or the camera only working locally could cause incorrect time.
If the camera still shows an incorrect time, feel free to leave your comment in this thread, Start a New Thread to post your issue, or send a private message(send a message to @Solla-topee, make sure you've registered or logged in with your TP-Link ID in our community first) with the format 'Forum ID 269202+ Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time' and the following information, then our support will continue to help with your case.
1. Model of the router.
2. network topology: e.g. ISP--- Archer C7 router ))) wireless ((( Tapo C200
3. Do you use any third-party software or NVR to stream the camera? If yes, what's the name or model number of the third-party software or NVR?