Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time

Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time

43 Reply
Re:Tapo Camera Shows Wrong Date and Time
2024-08-18 15:13:19

@Solla-topee Thanks for the guide but I'm still struggling with the incorrect time showing on 2 of my 6 Tapo cameras.

Strangely, I have 2 x new C520WS, 1 x C320WS cameras outdoor and they are the only cameras showing the incorrect time stamp in the on screen display.  They show the time 1 hour ahead of the actual time.

The 2 x C520WS are both hardware version 1.0, firmware version 1.2.8 and all software on mobile devices is up to date as is the software on the Vigi NVR.

The C320WS also shows the incorrect time but is not currently connected so I can not view the hardware / firmware versions but it is up to date.

I have a C310 outdoor, hardware version 1.0, firmware version 1.3.11 and that shows the correct time.

I have 2 x C210 indoor, hardware version 1.0, firmware version 1.3.11 and they both show the correct time.

All cameras are connected to same wifi network via Tapo Deco S4's placed throughout the house and there are no restrictions or ports forwarded to any of the cameras.

All cameras are set to auto reboot each morning between 0700-0730 and when they do the 2 x C520WS start up with their time showing correctly but during the course of the day they will both adjust to show 1 hour ahead while the C310 & 2 x C210 stay at the correct time.

I have checked every camera is set to the same region and there are no problems using windows time sync.

Options
2024-08-19 09:23:23

@Pipski 

Hi,
If the Tapo C520WS and Tapo C320WS are connected to the VIGI NVR via RTSP/ONVIF stream, please change the Camera Account on the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings page to disconnect the RTSP/ONVIF connection, and then reboot the camera, check if the camera will have the correct time on the live view page.
Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

@Pipski  

hi.... i'm having same issue as you, my C520WS are out if sync plus my Tapo Event Notification are offset by an hour. I have a Ticket open with techsupport/R&D and been on it for a while with progress:.

What i have noticed, as i use an NVR too with ONVIF and if on NVR inturn off the feature IPC Time Sync and reboot Tapo cameras, then the issue goes away but then all cameras (Tapo cam and my NVR wired cam) overtime get out of sync by seconds.  The Tapo cam seem to have an issue with ONVIF, it's RTSP does seem to take IPC time sync.

Options