Tapo c310 doesent trigger smart actions if activity notification are of.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-14 20:51:11
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hey ! I had a problem with not getting smart actions to work with my cameras but it was solved in the end and the problem was that if you do not have the activity notification turned on on the camera, the camera does not trigger the tapo p100 socket. should it be so?

I want the p100 to be triggered without getting a notification on the phone every time.

Markus 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Tapo c310 doesent trigger smart actions if activity notification are of.
2022-07-15 01:22:25 - last edited 2022-07-15 01:22:46

Hello@Markus11 

Activity Notification settings are just for notification settings, and it should not affect motion detection feature, or automation feature. 

How to use motion detection function of my Tapo camera in Tapo app

please review  TP-Link Community Forum Guideline here , If your concern is still with smart action, kindly reply or tag me on your existing post  here rather than creating duplicate on the same topic. Thank you very much. 

Options
2022-09-28 23:33:24

@Markus11 Hi, Did you find a solution for this.
My C210 is behaving exactly the same. From the moment I disable push notifications in the app, the motion detection trigger rule doesn't work any longer to switch on tapo lightbulbs.
I don't want a push notification every time there is movement, but I do want the bulbs to go on when motion is detected..

For now the only way I found to do this is: Enable the push notifications in the Tapo camera app settings and then disable that notification in the Android settings. That way the motion detection trigger keeps working but it's not optimal.

Options
2022-09-29 04:18:36
Hey ! unfortunately that's how I had to end up. tried for weeks and tplink didn't seem to have a solution to the problem... really bad of tplink but i have my sockets linked to smartthings so i can get push notifications from there instead
Options
2022-09-29 09:40:16

@Markus11 hmm, k. This is clearly a bug (smart actions don't get initiated when push notifications are off in the app)
Tested if motion was detected with the camera alarm, and that does work, so it's a problem with the app/firmware.

Options
2022-09-29 16:51:34

@Mrtnn same for me, downloaded firmaware

1.3 1 today but that dident help 

Options
2022-10-14 07:13:18

Hello  @Mrtnn 

Sorry for the late reply, can you share information below for us to look into this further 

1. the photos of the smart action settings, Trigger  & Action  ; A photo of Activity notification settings 

Please share the MAC address of the affected devices with us via PM 

2. Model of your phone and its Andriod or IOS version

3. Tapo APP version

Thank you. 

Options
2022-10-14 07:17:14

Hello   @Markus11 

Glad to hear from you again, you could reply to the support email TKID220801850 in the inbox, and we may get your escalated later. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 685

Replies: 7