KS220M detects motion in empty room

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-14 16:58:56
Model: KS220M  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

I put a motion activated dimming switch (KS220M) in our bathroom, but it keeps turning on even when the room is empty. Every time after I've turned off the light (either via the app or via the switch) it turns back on after the duration of the Manual Off Buffer (no matter the value) has passed.

My Smart Control rule is set to 

* On: Trigger on motion, then set brightness to 100%

* Off: No motion for 10 minutes. (but I've tried other values, all the way down to 15 seconds)

Ambient Light sensor is off.

Things I've tried:

* Different motion sensor sensitivities. 

* Covering the window across from the switch with a towel

* Putting tape over the motion sensor

* Completely covering the switch itself with a piece of paper

No matter what I do: as soon as I turn it off, it turns back on after a few seconds (or whatever Manual Off Buffer is set to). Only thing that prevents it from not turning on automatically, is turning off the Motion Sensor, so that rules out other automation rules triggering it.

This KS220M replaces a non-smart motion-activated dimming switch from Lutron that had 0 issues.

Does anybody have an idea what could be causing this? Other ways to debug the motion detection?

Options
2 Reply
Re:KS220M detects motion in empty room
2022-10-17 01:04:53

Hello   @maartenvg 

KS220M uses is equipped with a PIR sensor which will detect the thermo things or change of heat and filtering the unwanted activities. 

Please check if there is anything in the form of heat (people, pets, airfrom the air-conditioned etc) is around in front of the motion sensor when the motion is detected

If still the same, can you share a video video link  when the motion is detect  keeps turning on even when the room is empty & motion detection activity log.

When did you purchase the switch and how long  it has been worked fine? 

Options
Re:KS220M detects motion in empty room
2022-10-19 05:37:01

@maartenvg May I know were you able to find out what trigger the motion in the room?  Feel free to let us the above suggestions work for you or any further observations, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 509

Replies: 2

Related Articles