What to do if the Tapo camera goes offline periodically when working with Home Assistant?

What to do if the Tapo camera goes offline periodically when working with Home Assistant?

2023-12-01 10:03:05 - last edited 2023-12-04 07:27:59

This Article Applies to:

Tapo C520WS V1

Problem Description:

There is no problem streaming the camera via the RTSP protocol on the Home Assistant, however, when trying to control the camera on the Home Assistant, such as pan&tilt the camera, the camera goes offline periodically, and the issue can be fixed temporarily by rebooting the camera.

Workaround:

Please provide the MAC address of the Tapo camera via private message (send a message to @Solla-topee, make sure you've registered or logged in with your TP-Link ID in our community first) with the format  'Forum ID 644362+ Tapo Camera’s model + the Tapo camera goes offline periodically when working with Home Assistant' for further help.

Note: You can go to the Tapo app>camera’s the Device Settings>Device Info page to find its MAC address or find the MAC address on the label stuck on the camera.

More Articles:

How can I connect my Tapo camera to a NAS or NVR?
How can I view my Tapo camera on PC through the RTSP stream?

Options