Tapo C225 camera cannot pair to Wifi 6 router

Tapo C225 camera cannot pair to Wifi 6 router

17 Reply
Re:Tapo C225 camera cannot pair to Wifi 6 router-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

The problem in @NikosSp 's case is rather unique. The solution may vary depending on the model of your router, which could be different from his.

If your router is not Sercom Speedport Plus 2, refer to the suggestions here: What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera? 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo C225 camera cannot pair to Wifi 6 router
2 weeks ago

@NikosSp 

Hello there Nikos. I ve bought the same ip camera tapo c225 and I have the exact same problem as you. I have changed the IP to 0 instead of 1 and I managed to connect the camera through the app but after 2 minutes it disconnects and I have to start all over again with the same results every time. Did you manage to fix yours?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Tolarade 

Hi, may i know what router are you using? How do you tell the camera has been disconnected? Its LED turns red/orange? Or did you notice it disappear from the router's client list?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Tapo C225 camera cannot pair to Wifi 6 router-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Tolarade 

Hello Tolarade,

Changing the router default DHCP settings should do the trick. Did you manually add your camera's static IP? I am not sure how to find the static IP of a TAPO camera, because in my case the Tech support shared it with me. Once you manually add your camera's static IP you shouldn't experience disconnections. In your case I would test the following:

1. Replicate the issue with mobile hotspot. If you still experience disconnections maybe has to do with the camera (then contact Tech support).

2. Disconnections might occur because of an unstable WiFi connection or maybe you don't connect to WiFi 2.4G, the broadcast channel is not static, etc

3. When you change the router default IP from 1 to 0 (i.e. 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1) you should next restart the router. After restart if you connect your laptop/desktop it must have a different IP address than before. For example every time you connect a new device to the WIFi network from a previous IP like 192.168.1.150 the device should now have 192.168.0.150 (notice the change from 1 to 0). 

Could you please verify the above three points and share your feedback?

I would also advice you to contact technical support through a ticket. They are very helpful.

Disclaimer: I want to clarify to the rest of the fellows reading the thread. My issue had to do with my router and not any defect of the camera. My router had some strict configurations from the router provider (i.e. the default IP to 192.168.1.1). And since I wasn't an expert in networking and WiFI connections I came in contact with the pros from the tech support of TP-Link. That's why it took me over 1 month to investigate and resolve my issue.

Recommended Solution
Options

@Wayne-TP 

Hello Wayne. 

I am using speedport plus 2, same as nikos from the earlier post. As for the disconnections, I set up the camera through the app after I have changed ip to 192.168.0.1 , and I mange to get live view from the app. After 1-2 minutes though the live feed freezes and tries to reconnect to the wifi and the led start blinking red slowly. Then i have to unplug the camera as it fails to reconnect and plug it up again but the same thing is happening again and again

Options

@NikosSp 

Hello nikos and thanks for your reply. I have the same router sercom speedport plus 2 by cosmote as I too leave in Greece. I added manually the Ip of the camera after changing the ip form 1.1 to 0.1 and also set a static dhcp for it. After that the camera is pairing and I can use the app to watch the live feed but it freezes after 1-2 minutes and I have to unplug the camera. This happens every time without any workaround. As for the other things you mentioned the router is almost next to the camera and I have a 30-40 rssi signal and I also tried using my mobile Hotspot  and the camera worked flawlessly. I conclude that the problem is the communication between tapo and the router.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Tolarade 

Thanks for your reply. I'll forward your case to our support engineer for further analysis. Please check your inbox later for follow up.

Options
Related Articles