Reset Done on Camera But App is Still Detecting As Configured

2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo TC72  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello I have a less than 1 week old TC72 camera which I have previously configured. I wanted to change it to a different WIFI name and the only way to do that is to RESET the camera. I already pressed the reset button, heard the voice prompt that the camera has been reset and saw the red and green blinking light.

But when I cheked on the app it says that the camera is still configured and I have to reset it again, which I did multiple times but it still did not solve the problem.

Also tried to remove the power supply several times but still the same problem.

I think the APP or the TAPO server is still recognizing my previous configuration on the camera which is why it is not detecting it as previously reset.

I already deleted and reinstalled the TAPO app, cleared the app cache but still the same problem.

One thing I remember doing was I got impatient during the first reset and still seeing the camera in my app so i deleted it in the app, which I suspect is the root cause of the problem.

Prior to this I already reset 3 of my 4 tapo cameras and migrated them to a different WIFI name with no problem whatsoever.

Need help please

Options
8 Reply
Re:Reset Done on Camera But App is Still Detecting As Configured
2 weeks ago

@TJT_PH 

Hi,
In this situation, you can try to press and hold the reset button on the TC72 for 10 seconds to factory reset it, then check if you can set it up successfully.

If you still see a message that says your camera is preconfigured, tap "Reset Smart Device" at the bottom of the page, and then continue to set up the camera.
If the problem remains, can you share a picture of the error message that appears on your Tapo app when configuring it?
Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Hi thank you for responding, unfortunately there is no option in the app to "reset smart device". The error that is appearing is below.

It is basically asking me to physicall press the reset button again.

I dont think this problem is unique to me as i saw in the forum a similar problem but i dont think it was resolved.

Options
2 weeks ago

Here is the link to the previous similar case

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/597074

Options
2 weeks ago

@TJT_PH 

Hi,
It's not factory resetting the TC72 when pressing the reset button for 5 seconds, it's resetting the Wi-Fi connection, so you may see the message "The device has been previously configured. Please reset your device first" when configuring the camera.
Please try to factory reset the camera, press the reset button for 10-15 seconds to reset the camera, and then check if it helps. If you have tried that but not work, I'll escalate your case to the tech team for further help.
Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee I already executed this multiple times already to no avail. I have been informed by local tech support to return the camera so they assess if they can fix or replace the unit. Thank you for looking into this.

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@TJT_PH  You are welcome, and thank you very much for your attempt and cooperation.  smiley

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee I am having the exact same problem with my Tapoc320ws (2 of them) got new WiFi and tried to set up cameras followed all steps resetting cameras multiple times but still not working. Can you help me?

Options
a week ago

@Cchaz 

Hi,
Please try the suggestions on this thread.
Best Regards

Options