Camera keeps restarting/rebooting constantly

3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hi there, I have recently got the double back of c210 cameras and they keep restarting for no reason, we ha e other cameras on the property and they work perfectly fine and have used them over years, I have tried the new cameras with different power bricks and also used perfectly good sd cards from other cameras, and they will not stop rebooting I have restarted the cameras and have removed and added them back and they still keep rebooting I genuinely don't know what else I can try 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Camera keeps restarting/rebooting constantly
3 weeks ago

@Thebrowns15 

Hi,
You can check if the following instructions help in your case.
What Can I Do if My Camera Frequently Stucks or Reboots?

If not, please help confirm:
    1. The LED status on the camera when it's rebooting. How do you judge if the camera is rebooting, from the LED status?
    2. Check if holding the reset button on the camera for 10 seconds to factory reset it helps, and does the LED change on the camera? 

Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

None of the above works I have already tried different sd cards and also power cables I have four more tp link cameras on the property I have tried there sd cards and power cables with the new cameras and the cameras still reboot with the old cameras with the new sd card and new power cable not effecting the old cameras, and it is a restart/reboot as it turns off and then turns back in again, if it was a shut down the unit would not power back up, that's how I determined it is a restart/reboot

Options
3 weeks ago

@Thebrowns15  Hi, how often does the camera restart/reboot phenomenon occur? Is there a pattern or regularity to it?

Options
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

No this can happen from maybe five times over ten minutes to once over a few hours it's very strange, I will try and upload some screen grabs 

Options
3 weeks ago

@Thebrowns15 

Hi,
1. Please try to remove the SD card from the camera(Tapo C210) and then check if it will work fine.

2. What's the model number, capacity, and format of the SD card inserted into the camera?

3. If the problem remains after removing the SD card from the camera, please help collect the camera device log refer to the instructions below.
How to get the log of Tapo Camera?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 154

Replies: 5

Related Articles