TC55: The Tapo Smart Floodlight Camera

a week ago - last edited a week ago

The TC55 has a floodlight with a color temperature of 5000K and a maximum brightness of 2800 lumens, and the floodlight brightness is adjustable. To meet the lighting and security needs, the TC55 is powered by electrical wires(supply voltage 110V-240V) rather than a power adapter, compared to other Tapo cameras. It also has 3 PIR sensors, but the PIR detection function is only for floodlight control rather than triggering the camera to record video.

Appearance

Specification

It’s recommended to check the specifications of the floodlight camera on the official website.

Highlights

2800-Lumen Ultra-Bright Floodlight

The TC55's powerful, fully adjustable floodlight penetrates 30 feet of darkness, complemented by color night vision for detailed observation to grant you peace of mind throughout the night.

High Brightness

Adjustable Angles

270° Motion-Activated Floodlight

The camera's sharp sensors scan a sweeping 270° zone, swiftly activating the floodlight upon detecting any motion, leaving shadows with nowhere to hide.

Adjustable Floodlight Control

The Tapo app grants you the power to customize settings, schedule activation times, and further adapt the light to your exact needs.

2K QHD Live View with 150° FOV

Experience superior high-definition video beyond 1080p and a super-wide 150° viewing angle to capture everything in detail. 

IP65 Weatherproof

Built to withstand water and dust so that you can continue monitoring in harsh environments.

QA

Part 1. Basic Information related.

Q1: How is the TC55 powered up?
Floodlight cameras require a high power supply and should be installed in a location with a weatherproof junction box or electrical wires. 
How to Install Tapo Floodlight Camera on an Existing Junction Box (Tapo C720/TC55/TC53)
How to Install Tapo Floodlight Camera with Existing Electrical Wires (Tapo C720/TC55/TC53)

Q2. What to do if you can’t power on the floodlight camera?
Refer to the instructions: What to do if my floodlight camera cannot power on?

Q3: Can the TC55 access the network via an Ethernet cable?
No, the TC55 does not support the Ethernet connection, it’s suggested to locate the TC55 in a proper location to ensure it can get a good Wi-Fi signal before installation.

Q4: What are the mounting options for the TC55?
The device can be Eave-mounted and wall-mounted.

Q5: How many PIR sensors does the TC55 have and what is the monitoring range covered?
The TC55 has a total of 3 PIR sensors facing different directions, with each PIR sensor covering about 90 degrees, for a total of 270 degrees. Meanwhile, the detection distance of the camera is up to 10 meters and the detection sensitivity can be adjusted on the Tapo app.

Q6: What is the rotation angle of the floodlights and the camera?
The rotation angle of the two floodlights is approximately 270 degrees, and the camera gimbal has no restriction. Please prevent excessive rotation, which can damage the built-in wiring.

Q7: What is the power consumption of the TC55 when the floodlights are on or off?
When the lights are off, the overall power consumption is 4W.

When the floodlights are at maximum brightness, the consumption is 25W.

Q8: What is the decibel level of the Siren Volume?
93 dB (Level measured at 4-inch/10-cm distance).

Part 2. Floodlight Related

Q1: Can I set a schedule for floodlights?
Yes, you can set the schedule via the Tapo app. Go to Tapo app -> TC55's Device Settings -> Floodlight Settings -> Floodlight Schedule, enable Floodlight Schedule, and the floodlight will turn on automatically during the set time period.

Q2: Can I turn on one of the floodlights individually?
No, you can only turn two floodlights on or off at the same time.

Q3: Will frequent switching on/off the floodlight reduce the service life?
The floodlight bulbs of the TC55 comply with international regulatory specifications. Regulated operation will not cause problems in use.

Q4: Can I replace the floodlight on the TC55?
No, you can't replace the floodlights on your own because they are fixed to the base.

Where to buy

The release condition can differ between countries and areas, and it is suggested to check if this model is available on the Tapo website or the local TP-Link website first. If so, search for ‘TC55’ in the local stores or online shops.

More Articles

What to do if my floodlight camera cannot power on?
How to position my TP-Link camera for optimal performance?
Tapo C720: The Tapo Outdoor Floodlight Camera Being Released

Options