IR light tapo c500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IR light tapo c500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
IR light tapo c500
IR light tapo c500
2024-01-09 00:49:48
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

hello first of all I would like to tell you about the false advertising which said that in 1080p I could read car plates, that's false I don't see anything -

my real question is: I would like to be in night mode (black and white) but the problem is that there are 2 red lights (ir light) which shine so brightly it's not discreet at all! what can I do to attenuate them or at least be able to remove them ( the redlight) while keeping night vision, I want a camera that you can't see and not one that you see 100m away 

Options
1 Reply
Re:IR light tapo c500
2024-01-09 11:38:43

@Erdemi 

Hi,

1. Using the camera to read car plates is not only related to the camera image quality but also related to the usage scenario, for example, the distance between the car and the camera, whether the car is moving or not, etc.

2. Currently, the Tapo C500 does not support turning off the IR light when the camera working in the Night mode. While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 608

Replies: 1

Related Articles