Which D-LINK switches are unable to handle Deco X60 ethernet backhaul connection?
FROM TP-LINK WEBSITE ( General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco | TP-Link)
Q7: What can I do if the Ethernet backhaul is not taking effect?
- Try a different port on the Deco.
- Try a different Ethernet cable.
- If the Deco units are connected to a switch, please connect them directly bypassing the switch for a try. We have found that some switches (such as D-Link switches) cannot handle the Ethernet Backhaul packets between Decos properly.
My questions are:
1) Could TP-LINK be more specific of which D-LINK switches are unable to handle ethernet backhaul? I have tried going through the protocols, but I am not a protocol expert. Currently I have 4 DGS-1008A GIgabit switches at home. Main DECO X60 connects fine to the cable modem, however, the 2 satellite DECO X60 keep crashing. And to get to them via ethernet cables, I go through 1 (for the first 1) and 3 D-LINK DGS-1008A switches (for the 2nd one).
2) Would this confirm these D-LINK switches cannot handle ethernet backhaul?
3) Could TP-Link Engineering team recommend, to the normal users like me, which TP-LINK switches one can purchase to support ethernet backhaul? This would help a lot!!!!
Much obliged, Eddie.