Which D-LINK switches are unable to handle Deco X60 ethernet backhaul connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Which D-LINK switches are unable to handle Deco X60 ethernet backhaul connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-05 23:29:09
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 build 20211228 Rel.55234

FROM TP-LINK WEBSITE ( General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco | TP-Link)

Q7: What can I do if the Ethernet backhaul is not taking effect?

1. Try a different port on the Deco.
  2. Try a different Ethernet cable.
  3. If the Deco units are connected to a switch, please connect them directly bypassing the switch for a try. We have found that some switches (such as D-Link switches) cannot handle the Ethernet Backhaul packets between Decos properly.

My questions are:

1) Could TP-LINK be more specific of which D-LINK switches are unable to handle ethernet backhaul? I have tried going through the protocols, but I am not a protocol expert. Currently I have 4 DGS-1008A GIgabit switches at home. Main DECO X60 connects fine to the cable modem, however, the 2 satellite DECO X60 keep crashing. And to get to them via ethernet cables, I go through 1 (for the first 1) and 3 D-LINK DGS-1008A switches (for the 2nd one).

2) Would this confirm these D-LINK switches cannot handle ethernet backhaul?

3) Could TP-Link Engineering team recommend, to the normal users like me, which TP-LINK switches one can purchase to support ethernet backhaul? This would help a lot!!!!

Much obliged, Eddie.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Which D-LINK switches are unable to handle Deco X60 ethernet backhaul connection?
2022-04-13 08:37:31 - last edited 2022-04-13 08:38:00

@Eddie_Can-Bra 

Hi, Thank you for your feedback.

I did not see any feedback about DGS-1008A yet but there was feedback from users with DGS-1008D. Since they are both unmanaged switches and from your feedback here, you also had the same unstable issue with Ethernet backhaul, I think your current issue would be more related to the switch.

We are not able to test all the switches on market and the current information is based on the previous troubleshooting with different users. so next time, when a similar model is involved, we could not give you an exact answer whether it works or not but the customers will be suggested to remove the switch and do an alternative test.

Users are always recommended to use TP-Link unmanaged switches, like TL-SG1008 or other models listed here:

https://www.tp-link.com/business-networking/unmanaged-switch/

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 812

Replies: 1