Deco 5 Slow Traffic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco 5 Slow Traffic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco 5 Slow Traffic
Deco 5 Slow Traffic
2022-05-25 09:53:04
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Rel 43499

I just implement 3 Deco M5 with AP mode for each Deco with cable, because if using Mesh, not stable because the distance.

After several week. client facing slow connection. Sometimes Download traffic smaller than Upload. 

Some case solved by optimize network , but how can I always optimize every time ? Is there solution for change channel manually ?

Thank you

Fred

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco 5 Slow Traffic
2022-05-25 19:10:03 - last edited 2022-05-25 19:14:59

@ITCCCLSUB 

From what I can understand of your situation, you have installed the M5 in AP mode because of the distance between systems.I believe that, in the situation that you are describing, you will have a much better experience with your system if you actually use the Deco M5 in a Mesh system. 

One of the general weaknesses of mesh, as you said, is that increased distance between the units will decrease the quality of the connection. However, this can easily be avoided by using a wired system to communicate between the units; which you have already set up. Most mesh systems will allow you to connect multiple units into a switch at a centralized location to avoid daisy chaining between the nodes if you are worried about latency.

When using the system as a Mesh System, the wireless range should be about the same as using the AP mode on the unites, with perhaps a slightly larger range. The advantages of the mesh systems is that the system will adjust to accommodate what Deco Unit you are the closest to and what unit can provide you the best connection. 

Here is an FAQ with some of the most common setups: Ethernet Backhaul for Mesh Systems

Here is another FAQ about the difference in features between AP mode and Mesh: Mesh vs Access Points

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 1

Related Articles