Power outage now wont connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-18 14:06:25
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I had a power outage and my internet routers did not reconnect.  I do have internet to my modem which I have checked and reset 3 times.  I have unplugged, reset, rebooted and at this point have deleted my network to try to start all over.  I have switched the main unit nothing is helping.  I just plugged in a different one as the main and it just goes to a solid white, says I have connected with no internet.  The app can't find my decos and last night when I tried to log into the deco temp wifi it wouldn't let me.  I am so frustrated.  I need help.  I bought this system this summer and tell everyone how wonderful it causing others to buy it.  If I have to eat my words I will cry.  My neighbors internet popped right back up with her decos.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Power outage now wont connect
2022-12-21 00:22:30

@Nicoleaj,

Temp deco Wi-Fi wouldnt let me - What was the message given for not being able to connect?

It sounds as though something may have happened with your modem since the connection cannot be established; either the IP address for your home changed; the MAC address of the old Deco was being tracked by your ISP, or as is often the case is power failures, a cable may need replacing. Try connecting directly to your modem to see if you are able to connect to the internet, if not I would first look at resetting your modem to see if this is preventing the connection to the internet.

Did you try and connect your Decos using a different Ethernet Port on the Node? You may want to try MAC cloning for your new main node in case there is another issue.

ALSO when you are looking for decos, does the screen have an animated radar or is it a still? If the image is not moving, the app is frozen as a result of an incompatibility with an accessibility setting on your phone:

Solution:

1. Turn off the Remove animation feature on Settings Accessibility.

2. Set the Animator duration scale to Animation scale 1x if the phone has enabled the Developer options.

Here we take the Samsung tablet S7 as an example:

1. Please go to Settings > Accessibility > Visibility enhancements > Remove animations to turn if off.

2. Please go to Settings > About tablet > Software information > continue to tap the Build number until seeing the Developer options is enabled, then set the Animator duration scale to Animation scale 1x.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 211

Replies: 1

Related Articles