Device reconnects back to wrong Deco unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-31 20:06:08

Just installed the Deco W3600 mesh. Main unit placed in Dining Room and second unit placed at opposite end of house in the bedroom next to my printer.   When I power up the printer it connects to the bedroom unit.  The printer is always on. In a day or two the printer reconnects to the main unit in the Dining room. When this happens the printer can take 5 to 10 minutes to start printing and is super slow due to the weak Wi-Fi signal from the far away Main unit. How can I keep the printer connected the the Bedroom Deco unit?  Firmware has been updated.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Device reconnects back to wrong Deco unit
2023-02-01 01:18:48

@pbcd,

Does the bedroom unit ever become disconnected from the network? I can't imagine the printer choosing such a long path for connection if the node is nearby.

The device may be moved if it is receiving a new IP address from the network, so you may attempt to configure an IP Address Reservation for the printer.

The Engineering Team is rolling out firmware updates to various deco nodes that bring a setting where you can select a node preference for a printers connection. This will most likely be in the 1.6.0 update when your device receives it.

If the features are available on your Deco Model, you may try to disable either fast roaming or beamforming to see if the device remains connected to the correct node.

Options