Disconnecting from internet last 3 mornings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-26 17:10:15
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 build 20220714 rel.75573

Good Morning I have an issue the past three mornings my internet drops I see on the router all the icons are green but the little internet globe icon is blinking yellow.. The strange thing is my cable modem has all the green lights on and to fix this issue i have to reboot the cable modem then the router lights all turn green and i am good to go for the entire day and night--Its not till I wake up at 7 am and notice the yellow light on router blinking.. I also have phone over IP with my Cox cable modem and when the routers shows no connection (blinking Yellow light) the phones work fine.. Any ideas Just started happening! Today is the third day! Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Disconnecting from internet last 3 mornings
2023-03-27 18:07:45

@Arizonaheat,

Do you know if the IP address from your ISP is changing? 

You may try to configure the MAC address of your network using MAC cloning, as it sounds like your connection is dropping and comes back with different credentials.

Ensure that you have either placed your modem in bridge/passthrough mode;

I would also imagine that this could be caused by either your modem restarting or (less likely) your router restarting and caching an incorrect IP address; do you know if you have schedules set up, or the ISP modem restarts on its own accord?

Lastly, if you do not have too many settings - you may try resetting to clear any incompatible settings or errors that may have developed in the software.

Options