Set wired device to guest network (raspi)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-10 08:20:55
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hi,

I have a Raspberry PI3 connected using wire to my deco.

All my other IoT devices are put on wifi "Guest" network.

Now I can't communicate with them.

I could put my raspi in wifi mode and connect to the same network, but that wouldn't be a good sustanable solution

Is there anyone who have solved this issue.

Thanks in advance

Options
2 Reply
Re:Set wired device to guest network (raspi)
2023-09-11 22:46:44

@Socken,

I do not believe that it is possible to have a wired device on your Guest Network; however, two things:

1 - I believe that an 'Isolated Device" on the main network can see the devices on the guest network, but would then isolate from the devices on your main network. However this may be a route to at least see the devices that have been isolated via the Guest network.

2 - The VLAN for the Deco's guest network is 591 (https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2317/), but I believe that this is only for Deco-to-Deco communication and cannot be used for what you are looking for.

Options
Re:Set wired device to guest network (raspi)
2023-09-12 01:00:13

@Socken 

There is one more workaround: The latest firmware of Deco X20-1.2.1 supports the IOT network. You could try to move the smart home devices to the IOT network. The IOT Network is not separated from the main network and should be able to communicate with the wired Raspberry PI3 server.

What is an IoT Network?

best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 494

Replies: 2

Related Articles