Spotlight Function

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Spotlight Function

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Spotlight Function
Spotlight Function
2023-06-06 05:00:52
Model: KC420WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.16

I am aware of the spotlight button that turns on the spotlight manually. Is there a way to automate the spotlight to turn on when it detects motion?

I would like to be able to create a smart action when motion is detected the spotlight turns on for a period of time.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Spotlight Function
2023-06-06 20:59:30

@Entman,

The Spotlight can be configured to automatically turn on through the Night Vision settings. There are three options that allow you to set whether the camera should record motion events using infrared or by using the spotlight. I believe that the option you are looking for is Smart Night Vision, which will monitor and record 24/7 using infrared and will switch to the spotlight when motion is detected.

ac0dac76eed44ea294e29b4eaf6bb410

Options
2023-06-07 04:38:05

@Riley_S  thank you for the reply. I understand how this feature works but it is not quite what I desire. 

it would be nice to create a smart action around motion sensing as the input and spotlight as the output. The siren would also be a good output for a motion sensing smart action. 

I do not have any further questions. Thank you. 

Options
2023-06-12 19:58:12

@Entman,

Sorry for the late response, but I did want to mention to you that your feedback has been sent up the chain of command for future consideration, with all the updates coming to both Tapo and Kasa, we may see similar features in the future.

Options
2023-06-16 00:33:12

@Riley_S Oh that is great to hear. Thank you for updating me. Is there a way to request such features formally through this community? I would also be happy to participate more extensively if customer input is desired.

Options