tp-link hs200 stopped working

2023-11-15 14:53:57 - last edited 2023-11-15 23:58:39
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

This morning my HS200 wifi paddle switch stopped working with Alexa and also with the Google Home app. The physical switch press works fine.

It does work with the Kasa smart home app.

I tried removing the device from Alexa Devices and setting it up again. It finds the device and adds it to the device list but responds that the "device is unresponsive" when I try either voice or alexa app's device button.

I've tried resetting the WiFi modem. I also set the modem to steer WiFi 2.4 to the device. It probably wasn't necessary as it was working with the Kasa App on my Android phone.

Note I have tp-link wifi plug-in outlets HS103 (hw: 5.0, fw: 1.0.3) throughout the house and these all seem to work.

Edited 11/15/2023 18:55UTC

Update: I reset the switch and reinstalled it. It is on my router network. I can see it. I can also see the router network from the settings for the device in the Kasa App. However, the settings also says that I must enable Remote Control, there is an exclamation in a red circle. If I tap the button to enable it the the status shows disabled. A very brief notification pops up. It is too quick to read.

I noticed that when I removed the switch and then added it back, the firmware was updated to version 1.0.5.

Options
2 Reply
Re:tp-link hs200 stopped working
2023-11-16 03:40:22

@RWinks49 

There was a network fluctuation and it is now fixedNotice for Kasa Server Error on Nov 15th, 2023 (UTC+8)

Can you share the latest status of your devices with us?

You may send the Mac address of this HS200 to me via PM if it still fails to enable Remote Control. I'll let our support team to check it. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:tp-link hs200 stopped working
2023-11-16 14:03:45 - last edited 2023-11-16 14:06:36

@Wayne-TP @RWinks49 

OK... The switch is working now.

However, I spent most of the day yesterday tinkering with the switch. I must have uninstalled and reinstalled it at least 6 times, physically resettng and restarting the device a couple of times, restarting my modem. All in all, a very unwelcome disruption.

It didn't help that all my HS103 outlets worked. The assumption being that they were part of the same network services.

Is there any way to get email/SMS notifications when there is a service disruption?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 263

Replies: 2

Related Articles