Activity Zones for Person Detection (D130)?

2024-01-28 17:55:26

Is there a way to set Activity Zones for Person detection?  The problem is my D130 doorbell detects people walking by on the sidewalk even with the sensitivity set to the lowest (1).  If I try to switch to just Motion Detection, it does not seem to supply "rich notifications" like it does with Person Detection.  Also, Alexa can only seem to respond to Person Detection events.

Options
10 Reply
Re:Activity Zones for Person Detection (D130)?
2024-01-29 23:47:52

Hey @craigify,

The AI Detection does apply to the entire screen, while only the Motion Detection uses set Activity Zones. I belive that the technologies are completely different, with the Motion Detection instead using the PIR sensor, rather than the camera image itself

I believe that the Alexa App should have options for both Motion Events and Person Events? Is there only an option for "Person Detection Notifications" and not "Motion Announcements"?

And yes, you are correct about Rich Snapshots: Motion and Sound Detection will not create a Rich Notification only when the camera can determine that it is seeing an object or person.

Options
2024-01-30 14:43:58

@Riley_S 

Yes, the only triggers available for the D130 in Alexa are "Person" and "Doorbell" events, not "Motion".

Do you have a suggestion how to avoid the unwanted Person Detections since the Sensitivity setting seems to have no effect?  The people it detects on the sidewalk are very small walking by.

Thanks. 

Options
2024-02-08 19:44:42

@Riley_S 

Any idea why the Sensitivty setting seems to have no effect on the Person Detection?

Options
2024-02-08 22:14:12

@craigify,

The sensitivity setting is simply the way the features currently work; with motion sensing being a very simple system using a PIR sensor, while the Person Detection feature works with the camera image and an algorithm to determine if a person is present. 

I believe a few cameras have added options allowing you to change the sensitivity of the different types of detections, but I would highly recommend creating a feature request for sensitivity toggles or activity zones so that others may vote for the feature - allowing me to pass it to our teams.

I am still waiting on an update as to why there is no motion option for the doorbell as there is with cameras

Options
2024-02-09 14:58:01

@Riley_S 

I was referring to the Sensitivity setting specifically for Person Detection on the D130.

Options
2024-02-12 20:02:47

Riley_S wrote

I believe a few cameras have added options allowing you to change the sensitivity of the different types of detections, but I would highly recommend creating a feature request for sensitivity toggles or activity zones so that others may vote for the feature - allowing me to pass it to our teams.

@Riley_S 

Where do I create a feature request?

Options
2024-02-14 21:34:06

@craigify,

You can create a request on our feature requests module under Other > Feature Request

Just create a new post with the information here: https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/forum/780

Feel free to read through the pinned post for more information on creating feature requests and monitoring the progress.

Options
2024-02-15 20:35:08

@Riley_S 

I created a feature request here: https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/forum/topic/655570

Thanks.

Options
2024-03-14 16:06:15

@Riley_S 

Any word on either of these?  Thanks.

Options
2024-03-31 16:55:15

@Riley_S 

Unfortunately, the D130 has proven to be quite useless for me so far without this.  Can I trade up for a C120?

Options