Deco APP Release Note

Deco APP Release Note

264 Reply
Re:Deco APP 3.0
2022-12-08 02:19:19

@Ivan69i 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

For the first one--manually choose the signal source for satellite Deco nodes, It is more related to the Deco software, not the APP. And there is already a plan for this feature. For more details, you could refer to this link:Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco

For the second one--more pictures/icons for devices, I do see other users mentioned the same, and please vote here to add your support:

Deco app device icons too few compared to Tether app

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-08 02:34:19

@arktiknova 

Thank you and I dare say you might be the first user to install the latest  3.1.7 on the IOS. Well done!yes

When I checked on the iPhone, it still displayed the connection clients:

But I do see there is random feedback that the numbers are blank. Will it display the correct numbers after refreshing or leaving the APP running for a while, maybe 30-60 seconds?

I see there are 3 online clients below and if you check the device's settings on them, will you see the current connected Deco, for example:

And if it displayed "0" all the time, can you help me submit the APP log as well:How to submit Deco APP log

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-08 02:59:24

David-TP wrote

@Steveo369 

As for the devices in the profile, somehow I was unable to reproduce this issue. If it showed "none" all the time since the APP had a delay sometimes, could you please refer to this link to help me get the APP log:How to submit Deco APP log

Best regards.

@David-TP :

To be clear, you must enable the Block (pause) function on that Profile first, then click through the Profile, and select Edit.  Then the Devices show as "None" rather than the number of devices in that Profile.  I verified it on all of my Profiles.  I will upload an APP log as requested.

The language corrected for the Profile Block (pause) only appears to have been partially fixed (iOS APP v3.1.7, Deco M9+ FW 1.5.6):

When initiating a Profile Block (pause), the pop up screen to verify the action shows language which describes the function correctly. "Devises belonging to the XprofileX will be unable to access the internet until you manually allow."  Like this:

However, the confirmation message which pops up AFTER the Block (pause) is enabled still shows incorrect language, implying that the Block is only until tomorrow.  "All XprofileX's devices are disconnected from internet and will be restored to internet tomorrow."  Like this:

Options
2022-12-08 03:39:02
The issue of number of devices not showing in device icon actually was already present in the previous version. It happens on and off, about 5 out of 10 times probability. However, upon updating to ver 3.1 yesterday, the probability maybe shot to 9 out of 10 times. The devices connected are shown in the "Online Clients" bar when it's clicked, but not the above device icons. Definitely a bug. I've sent in the logs as requested.
Options
2022-12-08 08:10:49

@Steveo369 Ah, Thanks a lot for the confirmationcool. Now I can see the same issue on my side. Thank you again.

Please let me check with the engineer again and I think it needs further optimization.

Best regards.

arktiknova Thank you very much and we have got the system logheart.

Options
2022-12-10 07:49:57

@David-TP I've updated to the latest iOS version of the app (3.1.7) and am running the new production firmware for the V1 X50 (1.1.0).  

The user guide for 3.0 says that you should be able to test the speed from your router from the home page of the app - however this option is not appearing in my app - can you advise?

Options
2022-12-10 11:15:43

@David-TP 

I have updated the App but now when I select any Deco from the list it no longer shows a list of any clients connected. However if I select a client from the online clients list it shows me the Deco to which it is connected.

Options
2022-12-11 07:35:31

@Hawklord the funny thing is that I got a follow up email from the enginneer asking for more screenshots and details, when I have already given the logs and the proper screenshots.

Seems that they are just oblivious about their very own products. They should make their engineers use the products themselves to see how buggy and poor things are quality wise. Just sad state of things having invested into the TP-Link ecosystem.

Options
2022-12-12 07:59:47

@Se1lad 

Hi, "Test Internet Speed" requires support on Deco software. It is not about the Deco APP. The current firmware of Deco X50 does not support this feature yet.

For more details, you could have a look at this link:

Speed Test on Deco

Hawklord, thanks for the feedback.

If you manually restart the Deco once, after Deco got fully restarted, will it display the connected devices correctly?

By the way, How many online devices do you have?

Could you please help me get the APP log as well:How to submit Deco APP log

Best regards.

arktiknova,

Hi, nice to see you again. I think the engineers might want to confirm some details with you in case they missed some details.

The New APP 3.0 does change a lot compared with 2.0 so there might be all kinds of inflexibility and adjuments at the very start. With all the user feedback, I am sure the APP will get more optimized and user-friendly.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-15 14:04:32

David-TP wrote

@Se1lad 

Hi, "Test Internet Speed" requires support on Deco software. It is not about the Deco APP. The current firmware of Deco X50 does not support this feature yet.

For more details, you could have a look at this link:

Speed Test on Deco

@David-TP this would seem like a pretty basic requirement for a mesh system - any idea when this will be added to the x50 firmware?

Options

Tags

Related Articles