EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

817 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-31 09:29:06 - last edited 2023-08-31 09:29:42

hi @Kevin_Z,

Mesh is working on the Betá Firmware, slightly unstable on Wi-Fi.
Backhaul seems to be stable although one of them is over the electric wire ( Powerline ).

Regards,

Thom

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-09-01 06:41:33

@Thom_NL 

Thank you very much for the feedback once again. Are you talking about 3 Archer C80s, right? Do you prefer them to connect via wireless or Ethernet?

We may leave it work if you prefer to use them via Ethernet Backhaul. But if you prefer to connect them by wireless, then we may need to confirm some details in order to locate the issue:

How far are they from each other? Are they connected like the main C80 )))((( 2nd C80 )))((( 3rd C80? Or main C80 )))((( 2nd C80

)))((( 3rd C80

No matter how they connected to each other, please make sure they are getting a good signal from the signal source device, otherwise, the connection might drop.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-01 08:41:37 - last edited 2023-09-01 08:44:26

hi @Kevin_Z,

They are all connected by Ethernet Backhaul, so the distance shouldn't matter.

The distance is + 35 / 50 feet apart.  ( 10 / 15 meters )

My main C80 is in the cupboard, 2nd is situated in my shed, 3rd on the third floor.

The shed is connected by the Powerline 1 Gb line, the others on the regular network by Cat 5E.

So the 2nd and 3rd are direct connected on the Main.

Channels are fixed for both bands, the transmit ( 20 / 40 Mhz ) is on autoselect.

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-09-01 14:43:40

@Kevin_Z I have Archer AX 10:

Firmware Version:

1.3.9 Build 20230728 Rel. 45716(5553)

Hardware Version:

Archer AX10 v2.0

Do you have an early release firmware that supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for this model?

I have three of these routers (All AX 10 on above build) at home. Need this feature badly.

Options
2023-09-01 21:36:36

@Kevin_Z 

For the models below, is there anything planned for them to have ethernet backhaul for onemesh/easymesh? If not, let me know because I have to search for other solution for my place.

AX90

AX53

RE605X

RE305

Options
2023-09-03 11:59:09

hi  @Rodrigo_Ipa,

Just go to this TP Easymesh page or to this TP Onemesh page.

@Kevin_Z please take action to the Developers team / Web team.

The C80 is also listed on the Onemesh page but it is Easymesh laugh

More product seems to have Easymesh instead of Onemesh, but who can tell us which product has what ( or why ) ? frown

It is quit frustrating right now crying

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-09-03 17:14:13

@Thom_NL 

As far as I am aware the only place that lists all devices that currently support EasyMesh via Ethernet Backhaul is the first post of this very thread we are in here.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722

Options
2023-09-03 19:36:48

@Kevin_Z Any plan to add EasyMesh support to 4G routers (i.e. Archer MR600, MR500 etc)?

Options
2023-09-04 06:00:34 - last edited 2023-09-04 06:02:26

@Rodrigo_Ipa   @gkns   @WiCurious 

woozle is correct. Currently, we can only confirm the mentioned product models support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, other EasyMesh models are waiting for a new firmware.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide an ETA now of the exact date or time expectation for the new firmware supporting EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul. It is suggested to keep an eye on the official website to get more updates. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-04 06:17:21

Thom_NL wrote

hi @Kevin_Z,

They are all connected by Ethernet Backhaul, so the distance shouldn't matter.

The distance is + 35 / 50 feet apart.  ( 10 / 15 meters )

My main C80 is in the cupboard, 2nd is situated in my shed, 3rd on the third floor.

The shed is connected by the Powerline 1 Gb line, the others on the regular network by Cat 5E.

So the 2nd and 3rd are direct connected on the Main.

Channels are fixed for both bands, the transmit ( 20 / 40 Mhz ) is on autoselect.

Regards,

Thom

@Thom_NL Sorry, I might have misunderstood your initial feedback. Two satellite Archer C80s are connected to the main via Ethernet cable, and the wireless connection is not stable. Am I right? If that is the case, I believe the connection between the C80s should be good and stable since they are connected via Ethernet Backhaul, which could be more stable than wireless.

If the wireless connection is not stable, please try to install and run Wi-Fi Analyzer to review the wireless channels, then try choosing those that get less interference with others for the 2.4G and 5G to observe if the connectivity will be more stable.

Options