EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

814 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-09-21 12:48:12
All this talk from people enjoying their easymesh routers (or not so much) and Im over here with tp-links most expensive consumer wireless router available (in the UK) and nothing... Come on TP-link pull your finger out!! What the heckin flip are we paying for?! At this rate im considering selling up and buying a cheaper router... they seem to get new features quicker...
TP-LINK. WE NEED ETHERNET BACKHAUL ON ONEMESH OR RSSI OR EASYMESH INCORPORATED INTO CONSUMER PRODUCTS NOW!!
Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-09-21 13:13:13

Sunshine wrote

@gxty 

Hi, as @klipse mentioned, your firmware on C80 V1 is the most up to date firmware version for the C80 V1 (US) instead of SG version, and it does support EasyMesh.

Besides, I just got a beta firmware for C80 V2.2 SG version today that added EasyMesh, and I'll send it to you via private message, please try updating the beta firmware and check if you will get the EasyMesh working on your C80 V2.2.

@Sunshine 

Tested the firmware and it updates successfully!

Easymesh is available now on my V2.2 C80. 

Tested wireless easymesh and also via Ethernet Backhaul. Both works!

Options
2023-09-21 13:23:18

@gxty 

Great news laugh

Options
2023-09-21 14:06:02

Hi  @ZakCT 

Same here, I ended up with returning pair of pricy devs back to store and sticked with quad of C80

.. so far so good .. overall satisfied, I spent 1/3 less and got better coverage..

M. 

Options
2023-09-21 18:23:46

@Czmazel I am considering doing the same as you. I have an archer AX11000 and Im wondering why I bothered. My WiFi extenders have received the Easymesh update (re700x) but I can't do anything with that because the router can't run them in easymesh mode!

Tp link prioritising the cheap routers over their best stuff is a joke!

TP-LINK. WE NEED ETHERNET BACKHAUL ON ONEMESH OR RSSI OR EASYMESH INCORPORATED INTO CONSUMER PRODUCTS NOW!!
Options
2023-09-22 02:31:17

gxty wrote

Sunshine wrote

@gxty 

Hi, as @klipse mentioned, your firmware on C80 V1 is the most up to date firmware version for the C80 V1 (US) instead of SG version, and it does support EasyMesh.

Besides, I just got a beta firmware for C80 V2.2 SG version today that added EasyMesh, and I'll send it to you via private message, please try updating the beta firmware and check if you will get the EasyMesh working on your C80 V2.2.

@Sunshine 

Tested the firmware and it updates successfully!

Easymesh is available now on my V2.2 C80. 

Tested wireless easymesh and also via Ethernet Backhaul. Both works!

@gxty 

Thanks a lot for the feedback, really happy to hear that it works fine. Hope you could enjoy the internet!

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-22 06:31:59

Octavio_Sampaio wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Will we have firmware for the AX53? I have 2 AX53 and 1 C80 but I can't do easymesh using ethernet backhaul. Routers keep restarting all the time. The easymesh network only works without a cable.

@Octavio_Sampaio AX53 doesn't support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul at the moment. There will be a loop in the network if you connect them via a cable after joining them into the mesh network.

Please wait and check for new firmware updates in the near future, there could be new firmware for AX53 to support Ethernet Backhaul.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-22 07:12:10

@ZakCT 

I'm also wondering why TP-Link refuses to release new firmware to support EasyMesh for their more powerful routers like AX11000. Perhaps they think those powerful routers are not designed to build mesh networks, or they are powerful enough to cover the house without mesh extenders?

Long time to wait, TP-Link.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-09-22 10:49:44

@ZakCT 

Btw. I spoted recently quite interresting dev - tplink EX220 at Wifi allience page 

https://www.wi-fi.org/product-finder-results?sort_by=certified&sort_order=desc&categories=4&capabilities=189,141&companies=606

It indicates that it is easymesh certified + wifi 6 certified ... looking at the price .. it is tempting ..

@Kevin_Z can you please tell whether that one has both easymesh and ethernet backhaul or not .. ? 

M.

Options
2023-09-22 11:29:01

Thanks  @Kevin_Z 

wouldn't you have a beta firmware to force the AX53 cable connection? I can use the C80 as the main router leaving everything stable.

Options