EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

735 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-06-25 00:55:44

@Hac 

When you connect satellite router in easymesh, you can only mange it by main router. Is available options as: Turn off and trun on LEDs or update firmware, maybe in future they will add more options.  You can't connect directly by IP bec easymesh work different then onemesh on typical extenders. Main router and satellite router work as one device, that mean main router have all under control. 

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-06-25 02:43:13

@ChrisBS 

Thank you Chris, I thought I was doing something wrong.

THe only downside of not being able to connect to the satellite router as the other extenders do in Easymesh, is the possibility ot see what clients are connected to the satellite routers. 

On a plus note, i have succesfully connected 3 Archer c80s in mesh and they are working perfectly fine for now. I am still running some tests but so far so good

Options
2023-06-26 04:48:49

@Kevin_Z 

Any idea when EasyMesh would be available for Archer AX73? I know that it is planned and you cannot guarantee its availability, but is there any new development here?

Options
2023-06-26 05:35:16

easymesh clients list  @Hac t

Hey again :)  Its possible see what clients are connected. You need go to main router page. Switch to advance - Easymesh - modify (edit option). And should appear similar window.

Options
2023-06-26 11:37:52

@Kevin_Z Looking forward to this on the AX73, I was about to switch to Asus but can now hopefully keep my Tp link gear.

Options
2023-06-28 01:49:20

@ocind 

Hi there. I have an AX73 v1.0 as a main router, and even in the options of the router you can find only OneMesh instead of EasyMesh you still can set it up using the WPS button. I have an AX53 as a satellite router and works great, the only issue is that I can't connect them via Ethernet. As far as I understand, the process to link them is the same if you are using Ethernet wire but I still can't make them work .

Options
2023-06-28 11:59:15

@RoodRood 

If I don't misunderstand it, AX73 doesn't support EasyMesh as per the EasyMesh product list. I'm curious how did you connect them via Onemesh or EasyMesh, as Onemesh doesn't allow to connect two routers as stated in the community everywhere.

Does the AX53 show up in the EasyMesh Device list? If yes, then you should be able to check the clients connected to it as per ChrisBS in the following thread:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722?replyId=1219980

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-06-28 13:01:21

@Liverpool20,

Both devices should be able to work on Onemesh.

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-06-29 05:35:22

@Thom_NL 

Maybe Onemesh is compatible with EasyMesh?

As I can see from the previous posts that Onemesh routers cannot build mesh network together, you can also find the Q10/A10 herehere. They don't mention Onemesh can build a mesh network with EasyMesh.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-06-29 08:58:57

@Liverpool20 

EasyMesh and OneMesh are different standards, so NO they are not compatible and you cannot build a mixed mesh.

Further, you cannot build a OneMesh by using routers only. You need a router + extender(s), which are connected over wireless backhaul.

Options
Related Articles