EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

817 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-07-02 10:24:41 - last edited 2023-07-02 10:25:53

@RoodRood 

OMG. This should not work because you can not connect 2 routers using Onemesh. You can connect just a router and an extender. I am going to try if it works for me. I have been waiting half a year for Easymesh on AX73. But if this will work I would be very grateful

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-07-02 11:53:04 - last edited 2023-07-02 11:56:00

@TechThomas 

This is interesting 🤔 maybe bec ax53 has easymesh? :)  And onemesh (main device) can connect with esaymesh router (secondary). If possible check on your devices :D 

Options
2023-07-02 14:27:36

@ChrisBS 

I have tried it and yes. It works fine for me. I used ax73 as main router, ax55 pro as satellite router and c64 like satelite router. I paired it by pressing WPS button on both devices and the router I wanted to connect shows in Onemesh tab on main router. Pairing with C64 worked without any problem. With AX55 pro there was little problem because it was still getting disconnected. But in the end it was successful and now everything works fine. Switching is very smooth. Only one problem I have is no support for Ethernet backhaul (I haven't tried it but I think it doesn't work) so my speeds are not as good as I wish, but I can live with it.

Options
2023-07-02 14:46:30

@TechThomas  onemesh don't support Ethernet Backhaul. Hope they will add easymesh Ethernet Backhaul to our AX55 soon... I wait too. 

Options
2023-07-02 16:05:46

hi @TechThomas,

Did you did connect the satellites by the WAN port?

If not try again 😁

Good luck,

Thom

Options
2023-07-02 16:49:03

Hi  @Thom_NL 

I have tried it now. I thought it won't work, because Onemesh is not developed to work through Ethernet ports and I was right. When I have connected my cat 6 Ethernet cable, the internet speed of my satellite router slowed down to 5-30 Mbps. Without Ethernet cable my speeds are cca 150 Mbps. It could be better, but I can live with it. I am waiting for AX73 to get real Easymesh supposed with Ethernet backhaul and ax55 pro to get support for Ethernet backhaul. But I am still happy my mesh network finally work.

PS: For this test I used my C64 and AX73

Options
2023-07-03 06:50:48

@RoodRood  @TechThomas 

You're genius. So that proves Onemesh is actually compatible with EasyMesh. That's great. Great finding.yes

I hope they will support Ethernet Backhaul soon.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-07-03 09:27:34

hi @RoodRood,

Do you installed the Easymesh software on the AX53?

For the AX73 i'm not sure what the firmware / mesh should / could be. @Kevin_Z   Any idea ??

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-07-03 13:06:44

@Thom_NL 

I have used the newest firmware version on all of my devices.

And I discovered that you can't use LED control on satelite routers. You can disable LEDs for night on main router, but on satelite routers LEDs have to stay on all of the time

Options
2023-07-05 03:47:37

@Liverpool20 

Hopefully is gonna be soon. As I said before, I manage to setup my network via Ethernet backhaul (AX73 +AX53). Everything was running smoothly most of the times, but as soon as I made any changes on the main network (even to add new devices) the satellite router was losing connection so I decided to unplugged the Ethernet port and wait till is officially supported.

Options