EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

749 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-09-12 03:37:55

ZakCT wrote

@Kevin_Z Do you have an ETA for the release of the Easymesh firmware for the TP-Link Archer AX11000 V1?
Even if you added ethernet backhaul to your proprietary Onemesh, it would be better than nothing!!
If easymesh can't be done for the foreseeable future we need to have a minimum RSSI setting incorporated into all consumer access points and routers to be able to build a network that is far more reliable.

@ZakCT Sorry to keep you waiting. Apologies that we cannot provide you an ETA when there will be an official firmware for AX11000 V1 to support EasyMesh or Ethernet Backhaul.

I will consult with the development once again to check if they can provide a beta firmware for the community. I will let you know once there is.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-09-12 03:47:53 - last edited 2023-09-12 05:28:52

Czmazel wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I just ran into interresting router EX220

it supports easymesh.. does it support ethernet backhaul too?

Thansk for the reply in advance.

@Czmazel Do you refer to this device? This product is targeted to Internet Providers. Can you please confirm what is the specific version besides the model number, such as EU1 or US1?

As we can find on the overview page, EX220 is EasyMesh Compatible, and I've confirmed with the development team that it also supports Ethernet Backhaul. If you have already purchased it, you may check if it can build up a mesh network via Ethernet Backhaul. Please let me know if it works or not.

Options
2023-09-12 05:31:31 - last edited 2023-09-12 06:13:51

WiCurious wrote

@Kevin_Z Do any of these routers support 3G/4G usb dongle and ability to failover to 4G usb if WAN stops working?

@WiCurious Nope. None of the mentioned models supports 3G/4G USB dongle or 4G failover.

Currently, EasyMesh doesn't support Network traffic separation, and it doesn't support separating Guest network traffic on all Routers/Access Points.

Options
2023-09-12 08:02:33

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your response! I was wondering if I'd face the same limitation if I setup Easymesh via ethernet backhaul instead of WiFi backhaul with C80 as the main router. Also would my devices seamlessly connect between the two routers if one is AC and one is AX, or would they disconnect and re-connect everytime?

Options
2023-09-13 06:11:31

@Alpha_Ghost96 

If they connect to each other via EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, there is no need to worry about the link speed between them. 

The wireless client devices will seamlessly roam and connect to the wireless networks due to their location and signal strength. When an AX device connects to the wireless network of C80, it will negotiate at AC speed. When it connects to AX72, it would negotiate at AX speed in an optimal state.

Options
2023-09-16 09:23:43 - last edited 2023-09-16 09:29:12

I have found a good deal on a number of AX73 v1 EU routers. Obviously not listed on your easymesh planned list but it's apparently just an AX72 (supported) with a faster cpu and extra cpu core.

AX72 UK firmware page lists
Archer AX72(EU)_V1_1.2.1 Build 20230626

AX73 UK firmware page lists older 2022 firmware
Archer AX73(EU)_V1_220317

AX73 US firmware page page lists much newer firmware
Archer AX73(US)_V1_1.2.6 Build 20230526

Then I found the beta UK firmware, newer than all the above
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/611964?sortDir=ASC&page=1
Archer AX73(EU)_V1_1.2.6 Build 20230621

Looking at the dates and firmware numbers I was hoping easymesh had been added. Not confirmed in the release notes. I even tried the emulator but thats running a super old version. Could you possibly ask the engineers before I buy the routers. Many thanks in advance

Options
2023-09-16 09:29:38

@Alex-C 

Their response is going to be, the AX73 V1 is in the planned list to have EasyMesh, but they have not received any inside information on when that'll be happening, the EasyMesh list is also just a planned list, which means the AX73 V1 has no guarantee to get an EasyMesh update. So far I believe only the AX73 V2 has gotten a beta easymesh update, but we can only be hopefuly the V1 does.

Options
2023-09-17 14:34:22 - last edited 2023-09-17 15:09:59

Dear @Kevin_Z good day.

Here is my first impressions, because all my routers in the house finally got support for EasyMesh, and I would like to thank TP-Link for making it possible for all my devices! yes

Of the devices, I have one Archer AX73 v2.0 (EU) (latest firmware) that works as the main router, and three more Archer C80 v1.0 (EU) routers (also with the latest firmware V1_1.13.2 Build 230824 installed) where all three pieces work in satellite mode.

Now it's all working and I'm sending you a screenshot in the attachment, but there are only two things that bother me:

1. I can no longer access through the browser any of the three C80 devices that work in satellite mode and are connected to the AX73 via a LAN cable, and is this correct?

2. Is the AX73 with the latest firmware (V2_1.0.11 Build 20230829) enabled to work via Ethernet Backhaul and can it work and connect to the C80 via a LAN cable, because on the AX73 I don't get the option to change the connection settings anywhere via Ethernet Backhaul or Wi-Fi...  

Thank you and best regards!

TRUST NO ONE, THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
Options
2023-09-17 16:14:47

@zexoni70 

The backhaul method switches automatically. If there is no wired connection available between Main Router and Satellite, then the backhaul is via wireless and if there is a wired connection available, then the backhaul switches to wired. The currently used method is indicated by the icon in the column "Connection". If the icon resembles an Ethernet port, then backhaul is wired, if the icon looks like a signal strength indicator, then backhaul is wireless. You can get even more detailed information about the connection by clicking on the "sheet of paper with pen" icon in the "Modify" column.

You can test easily how it works. Disconnect any of the three Ethernet cables, wait about half a minute and the connection changes to wireless backhaul. Then plug the Ethernet cable back in, wait about half a minute and the connection changes back to wired backhaul.

In case a router doesn't truly support Ethernet backhaul you might experience weird behavior, like the "Connection" icon always changing back and forth or the network having very sluggish performance.

Kevin_Z should be able to confirm whether the AX73 V2 with firmware version 1.0.11 officially supports EasyMesh via Ethernet backhaul or not.

Options
2023-09-17 17:41:11 - last edited 2023-09-17 18:12:19

@woozle 

Thanks for the detailed explanation, everything works as it should and the icon shows whether the satellite device is connected via a LAN cable or wirelessly.

@Kevin_Z

It only bothered me because somewhere in the explanation (tutorial) I saw that it was possible to change the access method and to choose the backhaul method instead of wireless, that remained unclear to me.

I still have doubts about my first question and how to access the satellite device via the browser if, for example, a new firmware appears and I want to update it, because now it is not possible to access the satellite devices... does this mean that the satellite devices must first are deleted from the EasyMesh network so that they are updated to the new firmware, and only after that they add to the EasyMesh network again?

Also a problem because the guest network does not exist on any of the satellite devices and is not displayed even if it is enabled on the main router AX73!? frown

Thanks!

TRUST NO ONE, THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
Options
Related Articles