EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

763 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-03-12 03:12:14

@david3 

david3 wrote

@woozle Good to know, thanks.  I guess that might explain the problems.  The EasyMesh status on the AX1500 did show the RE215 connected via ethernet (the RJ45 icon).

The reason I tried EasyMesh was because it was described as having Ethernet Backhaul here:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3749/

I didn't see any fine print about it only being for certain models until I got to the forums and searched some more.

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback about the FAQ, we will report it and add additional notes about EasyMesh Ethernet backhaul is only available on come models.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-03-12 03:15:00

@IbrahimKurdi 

Hi, Archer AX50 is not listed on TP-LinK EasyMesh devices list: TP-Link EasyMesh Devices and it is not even marked as planned, thus I am afraid not.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-12 03:16:20

@RMitev 

Thanks a lot for the feedback, glad to hear that AX53 V1 Ethernet backhaul works fine with the beta firmware.

Options
2024-03-13 11:29:26

@Sunshine 

that is actually the FW installed on my AX55 .. and it was not even downloaded as beta .. it came as a regular FW update .. 

Therefore I conclude AX55 v1 does not support eth backhaul as of now ... I had to drop cables between main router and satelite routers to be able to use at least wireless mesh

Options
2024-03-13 16:07:22

Hello  @Czmazel and @Kevin_Z ,

reading post #663, I have an AX55 V1 as well and I'm just planning to purchase an AX23 V1 to setup EasyMesh via Ethernet Backhaul.

So can you confirm if this currently works or not?

I would not burn money if it comes out that it does not work!

Many thamnks!

Options
2024-03-13 21:55:45

@IBilly75 

Hi,

ethernet backhaul is not working, I had to drop all cables between main router and satelites and rely on wireless only for now... so .. mesh network is created only on wifi .. can live with that for some time now, but I expect definetly an fw that fixes that .. i had a development with tp-link and easy mesh .. started on ax72's (mesh not possible at that time).. moved to 3x c80's (mesh and eth backhaul perfect) .. then moved to 3x ax23 in mesh with erh backhaul .. worked perfectly .. then bought ax55 with plan to make it main router but then I hit the wall that ax55 does not support easy mesh / eth backhaul .. I trust it will eventually work looking at the progress made last 6 months .. but to be fair .. tplink sells here more promisses then fratures ... as a customer, expect to be paying customer, alfa and beta tester in one .. if you look wor wifi 6 easymesh/eth backhaul network. .. I can recomend ax23's .. works seamless

Options
2024-03-14 01:09:33 - last edited 2024-03-14 01:10:05

@Czmazel @IBilly75 

Hi, the official firmware 1.2.6 Build 20231130 of AX55 V1 doesn't support Ethernet backhaul but the beta firmware does support it. Please note that the even though they are both 1.2.6 firmware with the same build numbers but the rel. numbers are different, so please do make sure you've downloaded the beta firmware from this thread and updated it manually: [Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc. 

Note: the download link is still active.

If there is still any problem, please let us know the complete firmware version on your AX55 V1.

Options
2024-03-14 13:37:03 - last edited 2024-03-14 14:38:27

@Kevin_Z and @Sunshine First off all thnak you very much for that list. Now I am able to use ethernet backhaul on my AX53 V1. But after I have installed the beta version for it, I am not able to mange anything on this device. When I try to connect to it, the next message shows "Rejected request under RE mode." It is ok ? My main router/modem is NX510v.

Build that I have installed: 

Archer AX53 V1 1.2.4_Build 20240206_Beta

Error message:

Also, I have an AX50 V1 (with Intel inside). Can you tell me if it will have this function enable too in future firmware ?
In regard with NX10v can you tell me where I can find a more deteailed support page ? Becasue tha official one dose not give pretty much information, not even the page where I can manually download new firmware. I want to move my Homehsilde Security + subscription on it or continue to use it on the AX53 if it is possible.

Thank you very much.

Options
2024-03-14 22:29:18

I am so confused. My OG routers were the AX1800 WiFi 6. I purchased those in April of 2023. I ran those in Wireless Easymesh Mode. Two months ago I purchased the AX72 Pro to make my main router and the other two for Backhaul satellites. This list is so confusing, I have the AX1800 but no idea which version. Ethernet Backhaul does not work on my 1800 for some reason, I really wish you guys would make it clear which version is what or just use different models. Here are the two models I have and maybe I could get some insight

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08H8ZLKKK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BTT3F159/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Options
2024-03-14 22:56:43 - last edited 2024-03-14 22:57:07

@mgmessner89 

Hi,

Here are four ways to find out the exact model name and version number of a modern TP-Link router:
1) Lift up the router and look at the barcode sticker on its underside. There should be a string reading something like "Model:Archer AX21(..) Ver:X.X". 
2) The same model string as mentioned in 1) can be found on a small white barcode sticker on the outside of the retail box the router came in.
3) In the Tether app select the router you want to check and once logged in tap on the pictogram that resembles the router. In the screen that opens there should be a "Hardware" field that shows the full router model and version.
4) In the router's web management interface (the webpage that opens in an Internet browser) go to the menu "Advanced" -> "System" -> "Firmware Update" and once there look for "Hardware Version".

Online retailers usually don't list the version number of the items they are selling, which can make things difficult for potential customers.

Options