EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

735 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2 weeks ago

@Czmazel 

Unfortunately, I am afraid not, we will record your feedback and report to the related department for evaluation in the future.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

Hey all

I've bought the AX12 and hoped it could backhaul easymesh via ethernet. Are there any plans on this improvement in the future or is it best to return this unit to the store and get one that supports ethernet backhaul?

I have RE305 but it lacks main signal so i've used powerline adapter to localize ethernet signal for this use

main router i use is ax53 v1.0 with Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230627 rel.39033(4555)

this is actually a follow up on the thread from a while ago:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/656568?replyId=1324498

Options
2 weeks ago

KAMENi wrote

@Sunshine 

Hey all

I've bought the AX12 and hoped it could backhaul easymesh via ethernet. Are there any plans on this improvement in the future or is it best to return this unit to the store and get one that supports ethernet backhaul?

I have RE305 but it lacks main signal so i've used powerline adapter to localize ethernet signal for this use

main router i use is ax53 v1.0 with Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230627 rel.39033(4555)

this is actually a follow up on the thread from a while ago:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/656568?replyId=1324498

@KAMENi 

Hi,

Our community does not have a clear list of which models will support Ethernet Backhaul. While I personally believe the AX12 model will support Ethernet Backhaul, I cannot provide an estimated time of availability (ETA) for this feature.

If Ethernet Backhaul support is a requirement for you, I would suggest considering returning the AX12 and instead getting a model that already supports this feature.

Options
2 weeks ago
Thank You for the comforting words. I'll hang on to the unit and wait for the update. It still is a rather new router on the market so hopefully there will be plenty firmware updates in the future
Options
2 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z @Sunshine 

I'm extremely disappointed to see that this thread has reached 72 pages, yet firmware releases are still moving at a snail's pace. As a professional in the tech industry, I find this level of product support and enhancement unacceptable. I urge you to take immediate action and escalate this matter without any further delay. 

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Michaelflat1 wrote

It seems crazy they've added Ethernet backhaul to some other devices, and the RE315?? Why.. it only has a 100mb/s ethernet port, Wi-Fi backhaul would be faster.

It'd be nice if the faster range extenders were supported in ethernet backhaul (eg RE705x). 

I completly agree with this.

What were the reasons for only adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul to this specifc range extender (RE315)?

Also, if we set EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul aside for a moment, and simply talk about EasyMesh, there are only two other range extenders supporting EasyMesh: RE550 and the RE700X.

It seems to me that a consequence of this is that customers are buying multiple routers, when ideally they would just be purchasing a single router combined with one or more extenders.

I've been in contact with customer support, and I was told:

"As for your concern, EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, the RE550 is expected to be supported this year, while other models will need to wait until next year for new firmware support. However, it is worth noting that we cannot guarantee the release time of the firmware for reasons such as firmware testing."

Why is TP-Link taking so long so properly roll-out EasyMesh and EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul to Range Extenders?

Options
2 weeks ago

@LuisFN 

Hi, different product lines have their own dedicated products and R&D teams. Feature additions and firmware updates are planned by the respective product engineers.

The planning for adding the extender's EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul functionality does not impact the Router line. This feature is only added to the extender after multiple Routers have already gained support, a single extender support would otherwise be meaningless.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Eightball11854 

Hi,

Adding new capabilities across an entire product line takes time, as there are numerous models and versions to consider, not to mention prioritizing bug fixes and new product development. The feature planning done by our engineers is not solely based on product pricing.

If you'd like to help expedite the process for a specific model, feel free to leave the router's model number, hardware version, and firmware version here in the community. We'll make sure to relay that information to our product teams.

By the way, when purchasing a product, we highly recommend reviewing the existing supported features first.

Thank you for your understanding.

Options
a week ago

Hey @Sunshine  the issue is with the three products I purchased that advertised EasyMesh with Ethernet backhaul as a functionality. However, it was hidden in the fine print that this functionality may not be released for all models yet. I believe TP-Link should be more transparent about this instead of charging a whopping $300 for an AX90 router and then dropping the ball on the functionality

Archer AX90 v1.0/v1.20

RE815X v1.0

RE505X v1.0

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

The points that @Eightball11854 is making are extremely important.

TP-Link has this practice of creating multiple versions of the same devices but not making the hardware version part of the model name.

Effectively, TP-Link sells different devices under the same model name.

I doubt this practice is even legal, if it were to be investigated.

I ordered a RE505X from a retailer, and I called them and explained that TP-Link produces different hardware versions, and I asked if they could ensure that I would get a V2, because it's the one being advertised as having EasyMesh.

Unsurprisingly, that wasn't possible. And when I received it, it was V1.

This would not happen if TP-Link made the hardware version part of the model name. For example:

• RE505X V1
  • RE505X V2

I have seen reports of other customers besides myself and @Eightball11854 who were similarly mislead and bought unsuitable devices as a result this lack of transparency from TP-Link.

As this user Reddit who points out:

"You guys really need to clarify your model numbers. There’s no reason there should be 3 different AX1800. That’s the whole reason I bought this setup because it turns out it’s on your compatible list. The link I posted in an earlier comment clearly says AX1800. The bottom of my router clearly says AX1800 (...)

So I was basically mislead and now outside my return window
"

I urge TP-Link to stop this practice and start making the hardware version part of the model name, so that customers know what they are buying.

Options
Related Articles