C320WS not leasing from DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-25 21:58:16 - last edited 2023-04-25 22:02:11
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I have 3 of these cameras for testing purposes and I must say I'm extremely happy with them, BUT.

Upon initial connecting to the network and receiving their IP/DNS configuration details from the DHCP - they seem to be stuck at this.

My DHCP - openWrt router - assigns IP for the duration of 1h.

It lists me the active DHCP leases - which is thus refreshed every hour.

I have in the network a few dozen laptops, servers, printers (WiFi Printing) 200+ mobile phones, 200 + school tablets, a huge network with 800+ pupils is here at the network and everything runs just fine.

Please don't give me unprofessional answers - I know how to setup a network, manage SQL databases, write in Assembler and C my own software, installing and managing OS - I fixed in the past DLL for microsoft no-one was able to find the error, etc.

So please no nonsense answers!

DHCP should work very simple: every 1h these cameras should renew the lease from the DHCP - but they don't!

After days - they're stuck with that IP address they initially got while using the app to register them to the network!
Cutting power off for 30+ minutes didn't force a renewal of the IP either.
in the TAPO App I've tried every option - I'd even would go for static IP - although I usually always set static leases as that's significantly easier to maintain for a big network.

But - although everything here runs fine, beamers, HikVision, laptops, phones, tablets, printers, servers, ....

These cameras seem to be extremely bugged when it comes to DHCP standards which mandata that every 1h they should renew.

So - how do we renew IP on these bugged cameras to force them to get a new IP - from the static leases pool.

Thank you in advance

Note: yes I can use my openWRT routers to see these cameras do NOT try to request a new DHCP lease. They do it the first time upon initial setup, and then they're stuck and don't request it every xxx seconds/minutes/hours as per DHCP standards.

Options
5 Reply
Re:C320WS not leasing from DHCP
2023-04-26 08:23:07

@WinniePrivate 

Hi,

The tech team was made aware of your issue, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue the troubleshooting. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-13 11:56:00

@WinniePrivate 

Same issue with Tapo CS225. 

Stuck with initial IP (DHCP) 

Options
2023-06-14 09:49:26

@Izani 

Hi,
We need more information about your problem, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Please describe your network diagram, such as internet--wireless router)))Tapo C225, etc.
What's the model number of your router? Is there a range extender between the router and the Tapo C225?

2. Are you reserved an IP address for the Tapo C225 on your router, but it won't obtain that IP? 
Please help describe your problem in detail thus we can provide proper suggestions.

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-14 10:02:55 - last edited 2023-06-14 10:06:50

Hi there,

1. My network - Mikrotik 2011UiAS Router (DHCP server running, reserved an IP for C225) -> Deco X20 (access point mode) -> C225

2. All my reserved IP devices works well except C225. I have reserved many IPs for my IoTs, Reolink cameras, Vigi NVR, Synology server, virtual servers.

The ONLY problematic device is C225. I did try to enable DHCP using ONVIF Device Manager, but failed. It's says off (DHCP disabled). This camera never request any IP from DHCP server upon reboot. Already look at my Mikrotik router logs.

Options
2023-06-15 11:35:30

@Izani 

Hi,
You can try to connect the Tapo C225 to the Mikrotik router's 2.4G Wi-Fi directly and then check if the address reservation entry on the router will work.

I also report the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 507

Replies: 5

Related Articles